• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Angels Offense & the Quest for 200 wRC+

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Don't stop, @Angelsjunky. The Angels didn't go cold because of your thread or posts. 

I hope nobody really believes that garbage. 

No worries, Chuck - I was mostly being hyperbolic. 

That said, I admit to getting a bit annoyed/frustrated when I spend an hour or two writing up such a post (thankfully I type fast), and then most of the responses are variations on "Great, another AJ jinx post." I know it is mostly fun and games, and just guys knocking each other around, but it still can get a bit irking.

On the other hand, I know Toby is a passionate dude and frustrated at the Angels getting shut out three of the last four games (I mean, WTF). That's a shared pain for all of us.

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

That said, I admit to getting a bit annoyed/frustrated when I spend an hour or two writing up such a post (thankfully I type fast), and then most of the responses are variations on "Great, another AJ jinx post." I know it is mostly fun and games, and just guys knocking each other around, but it still can get a bit irking.

On the other hand, I know Toby is a passionate dude and frustrated at the Angels getting shut out three of the last four games (I mean, WTF). That's a shared pain for all of us.

Yeah dude if we didn’t post anything positive because of fear of jinxing something the entire community would be just a bunch of bellyaching. 

Like I said, keep on doing what you do. It’s great content for the website, both members and our daily readers.  

21 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I sincerely apologize and will knock it off with the jinx stuff.

We southpaws need to stick together.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Have you tried wearing a different Angels shirt or hat when you post so not to jinx the thread? Maybe you can make secret words with each beginning letter of the first word on every line of a paragraph to reverse the jinx.

The Angels are fully capable of screwing up a good thing because it's in their DNA. Fans have as much impact on the Angels playing performance as they do on signing free agents, batting lineups and pitching changes. 

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Not my finest moment. But...everything I said was true at the time I wrote it. What a sad year this is.

You just get excited and we all love you for it. You turn the irrational ups and downs of fandom into something that seems sabermetrically sound.

11 hours ago, Taylor said:

You just get excited and we all love you for it. You turn the irrational ups and downs of fandom into something that seems sabermetrically sound.

Haha. I think someone made a good comment--can't remember who--that I sometimes make such posts at a high point, and thus it is skewed.

That's also possibly why it seems I am jinxing them. It is more a matter of timing than occult powers.

37 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Haha. I think someone made a good comment--can't remember who--that I sometimes make such posts at a high point, and thus it is skewed.

That's also possibly why it seems I am jinxing them. It is more a matter of timing than occult powers.

Angelsjunky

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

me.  cuz we both do it.  I used to anyway.  Point out something positive that's inevitably going to regress.  But sometimes you'll double down on it like 'hey, this is awesome.  what if it got even more awesome!!"  I've done many of those.  'We have a good shot at winning 85 games, but here's how we could win 95'.  Then crash bang boom.