• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ White Sox (11am start time): Sandoval on the mound, no Ohtani or Rendon

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Don't get rid of Adell just yet. Send him down until he figures out the game of baseball. Maybe next year see if he's ready.

The problem is that he needs MLB AB's to develop as a hitter at this stage in his career. HE already tore the cover off the ball in Triple-A so there's not much left for him to do there with the bat.

He needs AB's at the MLB level but he can't get them because the Angels are trying to win and can't afford to give him that kind of leash, especially with just how brutal his defense is in LF.

Just now, bloodbrother said:

The problem is that he needs MLB AB's to develop as a hitter at this stage in his career. HE already tore the cover off the ball in Triple-A so there's not much left for him to do there with the bat.

He needs AB's at the MLB level but he can't get them because the Angels are trying to win and can't afford to give him that kind of leash, especially with just how brutal his defense is in LF.

Reminds of when Glaus came up. He struggled with the bat but played good enough defense to warrant the at bats. 

2 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

While he is developing at the ML level he is a liability with both the offense and the defense. There is no reason to keep him around 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

While he is developing at the ML level he is a liability with both the offense and the defense. There is no reason to keep him around 

That's what I said. If the Angels were rebuilding, they could wait it out, or if Adell was providing good defense/base running, it would justify giving him AB's in hopes of him figuring things out there. He's just been so bad in the field that they can't afford to give him those AB's, and a demotion to Triple-A won't really do much to help with him as a hitter

If Ward continues to show that this breakout of his is for real, it might be in the best interests of the team to look at shopping Adell for hopefully a controllable SP.

5 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

I wouldn't go that far.  In his first time at AAA in 2019, he hit .265/.321/.355 with zero HR in 27 games.  Last year, he was certainly better--especially in terms of power (22 HR in 73 games)--but he still K'ed 99 times and his OBP was basically the same as Salt Lake's team OBP.

That's what I said. If the Angels were rebuilding, they could wait it out, or if Adell was providing good defense/base running, it would justify giving him AB's in hopes of him figuring things out there. He's just been so bad in the field that they can't afford to give him those AB's, and a demotion to Triple-A won't really do much to help with him as a hitter

If Ward continues to show that this breakout of his is for real, it might be in the best interests of the team to look at shopping Adell for hopefully a controllable SP.

I don’t see Adell having that much trade value 

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

It sucks that this thread has turned into a Jo Adell thread.

I get it, however.

This group always has to have something to rant about.

I get it, however.

Sox are struggling but they're a good team and should eventually turn things around, so I'll gladly take a split at their place.

You just know they turned their season around with that 9th inning yesterday.

(Slump) busting makes me feel good.