• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Syndergaard scratched from start due to illness, Herget will start

mmc

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

To be fair the same could have been said before the Orioles series.

I don't remember what their offense looked like coming in, but I do know that what's happening in Chicago offensively is pretty out of the norm for them, so yeah..  They could break out in a huge way..  But seriously, take a look at how poorly their offense is doing.  They are pretty much a feast or famine type station to station team that relied on walks and HRs.  Their walk rate is atrocious right now.  They were 4th in total BBs last year, currently dead last in MLB with 38 -- absolutely nuts.   The really crazy part is they were missing two of their biggest bats last year for a good chunk of time so, it's not like losing Eloy the other day and being without Moncada are the driving factors.  They just havent hit for shit.

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I don't remember what their offense looked like coming in, but I do know that what's happening in Chicago offensively is pretty out of the norm for them, so yeah..  They could break out in a huge way..  But seriously, take a look at how poorly their offense is doing.  They are pretty much a feast or famine type station to station team that relied on walks and HRs.  Their walk rate is atrocious right now.  They were 4th in total BBs last year, currently dead last in MLB with 38 -- absolutely nuts.   The really crazy part is they were missing two of their biggest bats last year for a good chunk of time so, it's not like losing Eloy the other day and being without Moncada are the driving factors.  They just havent hit for shit.

I took my own advice and looked at their offense a little closer.   This is Disar level aversion to walks...  11 of their 15 hitters have 2 or less walks ALL YEAR.

13 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Interesting that Barria did not make an appearance in a bullpen game.  You'd think he would be used to absorb a few innings.  The level of trust that Maddon has in him must be pretty low.

Probably also wanting to keep him fresh if they have a doubleheader though too.

I imagine if Herget hadn’t gone 3, or the game been so close, Barria would’ve been likelier to be used too.

Edited by totdprods

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Probably also wanting to keep him fresh if they have a doubleheader though too.

I imagine if Herget hadn’t gone 3, or the game been so close, Barria would’ve been likelier to be used too.

Yep. 

They probably didn't expect to get 5 innings of one-hit ball from Herget and Warren.