• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

MLB suspends Trevor Bauer for TWO seasons

mmc

1 hour ago, cals said:

I looked it up on Wikipedia and apparently some modern day philosopher talked about it in his book:

”They Live is definitely one of the forgotten masterpieces of the Hollywood Left. … The sunglasses function like a critique of ideology. They allow you to see the real message beneath all the propaganda, glitz, posters and so on. … When you put the sunglasses on, you see the dictatorship in democracy, the invisible order which sustains your apparent freedom.”

I’m willing to bet $1000 that the philosopher dude they quoted is @UndertheHalo.  

They live fucking rocks

9 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Who knows. I havent even seen the story of the 3rd accuser yet. But this stinks to me like the dodgers politicked to get out from under the contract.

Team didnt want the headache he'd bring, but didnt want to eat the money. Dodgers are a league darling so they get out of jail free.

Why does it always seem like this happens when a team wants to get out from under a contract? See Rod, A.

And the two year suspension that covers the two year contract seems convenient. All of the cheap players are back in a month.

The suspension is out of proportion to any other they have laid down for domestic violence so even if there is more information the penalty still has to be in context of other cases. It is pretty clear MLB is going beyond their own guidelines. 

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The suspension is out of proportion to any other they have laid down for domestic violence so even if there is more information the penalty still has to be in context of other cases. It is pretty clear MLB is going beyond their own guidelines. 

Nobody on AW knows what MLB has that is the only thing that is CLEAR. Anything else is someones opinion.

21 hours ago, cals said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marcedelman/2022/05/01/baseball-faces-uphill-battle-showing-just-cause-for-trevor-bauer-324-game-suspension/amp/

Basically agrees with what most have said here.  Unless MLB has more information than presently known, there is basically no chance the suspension is upheld by an independent arbitrator and ultimately it’s going to be back on the dodgers to cut him if that’s the choice they make.

Everyone on here but the “believe all women” crowd and AW’s own Abe Simpson knows this suspension is bullshit. He’ll beat it and sue the living shit out of MLB. 

17 minutes ago, True Grich said:

The woman and her lawyer, Joe Tacopina, told the Post that she shared her allegations with MLB.

This dude is a big time lawyer. He has a who's who client list and does the network circuit as well. He is so wealthy he bought an Italian soccer team and his house has an indoor ice skating rink. Bauer is in for a shitstorm legal battle with this woman. Her lawyer is going to be advocating her case to every network and look good doing it.

7CBM3JHRERE3FGU3VFH4PJTX3I.jpg

29 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

Wasn't there a football player (maybe Ray Rice?) who was gonna skate through beating his wife/girlfriend and go unpunished until a video came out? Didn't one of Bauer's accusers say they have video of him doing something?

Yes about Ray Rice.

Unsure about Bauer’s accuser.

I dont like the guy, at all, as a person, but this is totally wrong.
Dont misunderstand me, im quite sure he did something that would make me want to beat the hell out of him, BUT... How do they rationalize what amounts to a 3 year ban, 2 without pay, after giving Ozuna only 20 games?
Thats not suggesting they were the same thing but there are a lot of similarities, beginning with the fact that neither was charged or convicted of anything.
This is a gross overreaction to thier failure in the previous case.
The reality is they both should have gotten a year perhaps, so they averaged it out by throwing Bauer under the bus after slapping Ozunas wrist. 
This wont i suspect end well for them and he will recoup a lot of lost salary at the leagues expense.