• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Anthony Rendon still waiting for full return of lower body strength

16 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Agree that it’s much better to focus on re-signing your own in house FAs.

You know so much more about their habits, conditioning, health issues, etc.

Rendon needs to be the last outside of org big money FA to sign for quite a while.

Focus on re-signing Ohtani and if continuing to look good and healthy Thor.

Hell no!

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Hell no!

Based on past history though, do we really want them to continue signing those big money guys from outside the org and almost always achieve failure?

When it’s better to focus on your own in house FAs?

Edited by Angel Oracle

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Based on past history though, do we really want them to continue signing those big money guys from outside the org and mostly achieve failure?

Which in-house free agents have we not re-signed?

For me personally, I have to get over my contention that they should have done more and could have done more to make the team better and it would have had a positive impact.  

They are who they are and I have to accept that and enjoy it.  

But probably one of my main reasons as to why I'm getting less enjoyment than usual is Maddon.  There's no manager I agree with every time.  But I find myself disagreeing with Maddon's moves a lot.  Every game.  Lineups.  Pen moves.  General strategy.  Defensive positioning.   He just bugs me.  

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

For me personally, I have to get over my contention that they should have done more and could have done more to make the team better and it would have had a positive impact.  

They are who they are and I have to accept that and enjoy it.  

But probably one of my main reasons as to why I'm getting less enjoyment than usual is Maddon.  There's no manager I agree with every time.  But I find myself disagreeing with Maddon's moves a lot.  Every game.  Lineups.  Pen moves.  General strategy.  Defensive positioning.   He just bugs me.  

He’s like a mad scientist, instead of just going with the best players at the right times.

One could say he’s still figuring out this team.

Thing is though, he’s done this always since arriving here.

Edited by Angel Oracle

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Based on past history though, do we really want them to continue signing those big money guys from outside the org and almost always achieve failure?

most free agents are failures on a relative basis.  What I want them to do is make good decisions.  Or at least better ones.  They have to get value from the draft.  From international players.  From free agents.  From trades.  They're all pieces of the puzzle.  If they can afford them then great.  The narrative that Rendon is anything remotely like Pujols or Hamilton is garbage.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

most free agents are failures on a relative basis.  What I want them to do is make good decisions.  Or at least better ones.  They have to get value from the draft.  From international players.  From free agents.  From trades.  They're all pieces of the puzzle.  If they can afford them then great.  The narrative that Rendon is anything remotely like Pujols or Hamilton is garbage.  

Exactly this.

They have failed far too often at those.  Seventh year into the Eppler/Minasian era, and the franchise still has too many question marks.   It shouldn’t take that long, and still have too many question marks.

On 10/18/2019 at 10:41 AM, Angel Oracle said:

If Cole proves to be too much money, and the Halos prefer to add 3 pitchers, would signing Wheeler and Hamels help the rotation enough while Canning, Sandoval, Barria, and Suarez get more seasoning?    And leave enough money to sign Grandal? 

For sure, they need at least two solid starters to put less pressure on Ohtani, Heaney, Canning, etc.

Since Grandal's pitch framing skill is actually solid, and of course the hitting is there, I've come around to him being a potential important Halos signing.

Grandal is batting .188 with an OPS of .642 

Wheeler is 0-3 with an ERA of 8.53 

Hamels pitched 1 game

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

Lackey and KRod and Glaus.  That’s about it and those were about 15 years ago. 

Hunter should have been kept instead of signing Hamilton. 

Can't say we've done poor at not resigning our players wisely.

Dodgers have actually whiffed in allowing non-superstar good players leave in free agency.  Kike, Joc, Mcgee, Wood, etc