• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What's with the f'n bullpen?

Raisel had a rough start last year. We're not even through a month yet, so I won't freak out yet.

Tepera and Bradley have obviously not been as good as hoped for. But Tepera's issues basically stem from two games: Against Houston when he was reportedly tipping his offspeed stuff, and Saturday against Baltimore. Not sure what happened there other than he just didn't have his best stuff. Most relievers have bad outings periodically, so I won't stress it.

Loup has been fine. Saturday wasn't really on him. More bad luck than bad pitching.

Mayers isn't the guy he was in his breakout year. That's a fact. Hopefully he can be a serviceable option for less important innings. Ditto for the rest. Hopefully some of the guys step up to give at least somewhat more reliable innings. Maybe Buttrey will regain some of his past success.

37 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Raisel had a rough start last year. We're not even through a month yet, so I won't freak out yet.

Tepera and Bradley have obviously not been as good as hoped for. But Tepera's issues basically stem from two games: Against Houston when he was reportedly tipping his offspeed stuff, and Saturday against Baltimore. Not sure what happened there other than he just didn't have his best stuff. Most relievers have bad outings periodically, so I won't stress it.

Loup has been fine. Saturday wasn't really on him. More bad luck than bad pitching.

Mayers isn't the guy he was in his breakout year. That's a fact. Hopefully he can be a serviceable option for less important innings. Ditto for the rest. Hopefully some of the guys step up to give at least somewhat more reliable innings. Maybe Buttrey will regain some of his past success.

Yeah. I figure if Iglesias, Loup, and Tepera can serve as key late inning cogs, then the rest of the bullpen can sort itself out.

Iglesias and Loup have both been very solid.  Tepera largely has, but he did have two poor outings as well.

Middle inning relievers can be interchanged, we just need decent enough ones.  I've been a bit disappointed with Warren, and I agree that Mayers is not who we saw in his breakout season.  Hopefully another pitcher or two can step up and become solid relievers.

All that said, considering our SP has been very solid as has our late inning relievers, I'm pretty happy with what we've seen so far.

9 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Actually several members of the Angels bullpen are off to strong starts to the 2022 season:

Aaron Loup - 7.2 IP, 1 H, 1 ER

Raisel Iglesias - 3 SV, 7 IP, 1 ER, 8 SO

Oliver Ortega - 10.1 IP, 2 ER, 6 SO

Ryan Tepera - 8.2 IP, 2 ER, 8 SO

Herget has been much better since his implosion in game 2 against the Cheatin Asstros.

8 innings, 2.25 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, 9/0 Ks/BBs, 1 HR

Lots of pitchers give up doubles to Jose Ramirez.

Edited by Angel Oracle