• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OC Register: Here’s why Angels star Shohei Ohtani is still batting leadoff

20 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

it's really not that big of a deal where he bats.  I wouldn't prefer him leading off but whatever.  

and to your first statement - yep, but by the end of the year, lets see who's saying it the most often.  

your implication that we can give games away just because it's april is a tired narrative.  

You’re putting words in my mouth. My “it’s April” response was about Ohtani’s lackluster start to the season.  So you can suck on your “tired narrative” BS

21 minutes ago, stormngt said:

He hasn't been hitting since all star break last season.

Ok, but his second half OPS was still very good.

Again, I don’t care where he bats. You do. Awesome.

Even in his really good 2020 season (yes, I know it was like 1/3rd of a season, whatevs) it took Rendon a couple weeks to start hitting. Last year he was injured every three weeks but I remember him starting to heat up at a couple weeks after returning from the IL, but then he got injured again.

He should break out soon. If not maybe he is Pujols 2.0.

15 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Nope.  I'm not.  

Yes, you are. I never said giving away games in April was ok... just that evey team says that they are losing games they should be winning.

In a any case - go ahead and have the last word. I know it's important to you.

6 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Yes, you are. I never said giving away games in April was ok... just that evey team says that they are losing games they should be winning.

In a any case - go ahead and have the last word. I know it's important to you.

you're pretty quick to get personal.  sorry you're offended because I disagree.  of course every team says that but it's not a reasonable excuse in my opinion because good teams say it less and the Angels have had the opportunity to say it quite a bit so far as well as for the last 8 years.  

23 hours ago, Dochalo said:

you're pretty quick to get personal.  sorry you're offended because I disagree.  of course every team says that but it's not a reasonable excuse in my opinion because good teams say it less and the Angels have had the opportunity to say it quite a bit so far as well as for the last 8 years.  

This

I may go over the top, but it’s only criticizing of the team, and NOT feel the need to get personal with others on here.

3 minutes ago, True Grich said:

So, all it took was for Maddon to be quoted about why Ohtani was batting lead off for him to change his mind and put Ward at the top of the lineup? 

Kind of predictable... Joe says one thing and then does something else.

...and it's against Bieber.  Ward has a .212/.301/.378 slash line against righties.