• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

David Fletcher to begin a rehab stint with AAA

mmc

On 4/22/2022 at 5:45 PM, failos said:

Progress.

I’m looking forward to his return; he’s still one of my favorite players on the team.

I love Fletch, but we have so many options now. I'd love for him to take the reins and go back to 2019.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was traded. Well, maybe a little.

I remember how much Maddon raved about Fletcher when he was first hired... of course, that was a lot of wine bar parties ago.

15 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I remember how much Maddon raved about Fletcher when he was first hired... of course, that was a lot of wine bar parties ago.

I'm just not sure what kind of value you could get for him right now (not saying you're necessarily suggesting he'd be traded immediately).  Last year was obviously a complete disaster.  He's been hurt this year and hasn't recaptured any of his value.  He's still owed over $25M on his contract through 2025 (including $3M in buyouts after 2025).  That's obviously not a HUGE amount these days, but it's also not nothing, especially for a guy who right this second looks like a utility MIF/defensive replacement--and as the Angels own roster shows, you can find those guys for essentially nothing.

Definitely in an odd spot with him.

Edited by jsnpritchett

16 minutes ago, True Grich said:

if they keep, there won't be anywhere for him to play and someone will get squeezed out of a job during a time when the team is coming together well.

if they trade him, at least two of our INFs will go down with an injury and we'll have no one to replace him.