• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What are you listening to?

Glen

11 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

I can understand that @Tank, Hendrix was an innovator and produced a very dirty sound, Star Spangled Banner being an excellent example. He made his guitar wail like a banshee, where others make theirs sing like a choir. He redefined the genre, and in doing so he utilised all of the sounds the instrument made not just the notes he played. A genius, no doubt, but also an acquired taste to some degree.

Bought my first Hendrix album in 1968

Electric Ladyland

Pali Gap was a guitar solo and one of his best showing his diversity

Was a big fan of him growing up

All along the Watchtower is one that they played on the radio so most are familiar with it

He could make the guitar do things that others had never done pushing the limits

I've watched a couple of documentaries of his career and learned a lot

Growing in the 60's and 70's we didn't have the internet so getting information on bands was very difficult

2 hours ago, Jay said:

yeah but the drugs are what made those bands great in the first place.

This has always been a theory of mine. Early 70's was great music fueled by heroin addicts then comes the late 70's early 80's cokeheads and you get disco and other assorted garbage then the heroin comes back and the late 80's on through the 90's was good again

13 hours ago, arch stanton said:

This has always been a theory of mine. Early 70's was great music fueled by heroin addicts then comes the late 70's early 80's cokeheads and you get disco and other assorted garbage then the heroin comes back and the late 80's on through the 90's was good again

Also, LSD played a big part of the late 1960's and early 1970's sound, and the whole house/trance movement of the 1990's wouldn't have happened without speed and ecstasy. I always liked Bill Hicks little routine about it, here's a snippet:

15 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

You guys got me going down a youtube rabbit hole of great 90's live performances.

This one stuck out... this is what peak performance looks like. lol

My favorite band for a long time.  You and I have talked about this before and I know Tool isn’t for everyone (my wife especially) but if you really got into some of Maynard Keenan’s lyrics, they are pretty amazing.  

Though my wife will listen to A Perfect Circle, or as my son and I call it, “Tool light.”