• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Rangers (4/15/22) - Jackie Robinson Day

mmc

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm not sold on Detmers - he looks like batting practice every time I've seen him. I'm wondering if he turns out to be another Heaney: looks good every other start, good peripherals, but gets hit hard. A #4, in other words.

You can pretty much say this for every pitcher that's come out of our system since Weaver. We still have yet to hit on anyone for more than half a season.

2 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

You can pretty much say this for every pitcher that's come out of our system since Weaver. We still have yet to hit on anyone for more than half a season.

Well, I'm more confident in Sandoval being a solid #3/3.5, although he technically came out of the Astros system (go figure). Rodriguez will be good if he can stay healthy. Richards never recovered from his injury, but had that one really good year and another pretty good one.

I'm sure Detmers will be fine--he is just 22 and has barely pitched in the majors--and probably a good #3-4, but I'm not expecting more.

Edited by Angelsjunky

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm not sold on Detmers - he looks like batting practice every time I've seen him. I'm wondering if he turns out to be another Heaney: looks good often enough to keep you interested with good peripherals, but gets hit hard a lot. A #4, in other words.

Maybe if he learns to locate his FB things will improve for him 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Maybe if he learns to locate his FB things will improve for him 

He just seems like a low margin of error type - like Bundy. And probably Heaney, who always had great peripherals and would pitch a 7 IP, 10 K game every once in awhile, then suck for a couple starts. Detmers just doesn't seem to have any out pitches to rely on.

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

He just seems like a low margin of error type - like Bundy. And probably Heaney, who always had great peripherals and would pitch a 7 IP, 10 K game every once in awhile, then suck for a couple starts. Detmers just doesn't seem to have any out pitches to rely on.

Seems like the standard for pitcher development with this org 

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

He has 8K’s in 7.1 innings. Ultimately he needs his defense to make plays behind him as much as anything else.

Just now, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I like Detmers and I have hope he will be a solid #2 but wasn’t he advertised as someone with really good command of his pitches? Or am I wrong on that? 

and Warren sucks. The clock is striking midnight in this guy. 

He has good control, but awful command. 

He can throw strikes all day. And that's the problem.