• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Rangers (4/14/22): Ohtani on the mound, Rojas in RF (5pm Pacific)

7 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Been concerned about this team since they announced the lockout had ended. Bullpen is shaky, rotation is full of question marks, and offense is ugly outside of 3 guys

1-3 to start the season against division opponents. It’s not looking good 

Bullpen is fine, rotation will be fine assuming they are healthy. 

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I think it’s clear now after 3+ seasons that Barria is a starter and not a reliever.

Has never, ever looked good in the pen.

Might be time to trade him, can’t afford to carry his constant bad relief pitching for much longer, and of course has no options left.

Agreed, but he didn't do too bad tonight.  And he ate up 4 innings saving the bullpen.  We haven't had too many long relievers do that. 

12 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I think it’s clear now after 3+ seasons that Barria is a starter and not a reliever.

Has never, ever looked good in the pen.

Might be time to trade him, can’t afford to carry his constant bad relief pitching for much longer, and of course has no options left.

Yeah, because guys who suck are always wanted by other teams...

32 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Related to the short spring training?

Hopefully but the bat has been meh since the All Star break last season. I’m not worried about his pitching. Yesterday was just a poor start. All pitchers have them on occasion 

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hopefully but the bat has been meh since the All Star break last season. I’m not worried about his pitching. Yesterday was just a poor start. All pitchers have them on occasion 

He did still put up an .840 OPS after the ASB, just wasn’t otherworldly like the pre-ASB numbers were.