• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Angels 2022 MLB Draft Thread

mmc

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

In looking at the best available who does everyone want with the 3rd round pick today? I'm OK with another position player, but hot damn I'd love the TN reliever kid that throws 105 MPH with this pick. This team could use a knock out reliever and hell, he could make his major league debut this season for the Halos. 

Nailed it!

Ben Joyce in the 3rd.

7 minutes ago, mmc said:

Angels select 1B Sonny DiChiara, from Auburn, 148th overall 

He is a big boy.  6'1 265lbs.  Drafted a DH in the 5th round.  Hopefully we sign him under slot to use some of that extra funds for a later pick.

Dude seems to know how to hit and get on base though.

Maybe it's just me but it really surprises me how many sons of former players make it. Like what are the chances of them being anywhere as talented in baseball as their fathers?

Do you think they're given a considerable "pass" just because their dad used to be in the bigs?

It seems like they might be taking places of people who actually deserve to be there but who don't have a family legacy in MLB. 

5 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Maybe it's just me but it really surprises me how many sons of former players make it. Like what are the chances of them being anywhere as talented in baseball as their fathers?

Do you think they're given a considerable "pass" just because their dad used to be in the bigs?

It seems like they might be taking places of people who actually deserve to be there but who don't have a family legacy in MLB. 

They aren’t given a considerable pass nor are they taking the place of people who are “actually deserving”. 

Would you draft the best player available or would you draft some kid of a former major leaguer even if they weren’t that talented?