• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

12 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Soon to be 31 year old and 2013 #1 overall pick Mark Appel is finally making the majors.  Just came back last season after taking 3 years off

Funny that Lou liked this. Appel took three years off, while Buttrey only took one.

12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Funny that Lou liked this. Appel took three years off, while Buttrey only took one.

Appel suffered through various injuries in his career. He was injured when he stepped away from baseball. He has a degree from Stanford to fall back on. He also received a signing bonus of $6.35 million.

Buttrey "retired", for less than a year, because he sucked and didn't want to be demoted. All he had to fall back on is a high school diploma. I'm guessing it wasn't with honors. 

8 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Albert Pujols update: 132 PA, .196/.295/.339, 4 HR, 85 wRC+, -0.5 WAR

That would make him the sixth best hitter on the Angels this season.

In all seriousness, I wonder if he's still citing his career numbers from 11+ years ago.

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

That would make him the sixth best hitter on the Angels this season.

In all seriousness, I wonder if he's still citing his career numbers from 11+ years ago.

Dunno, but his dreams of 700 HR are pretty much over (he's at 683). There's no way he hits 17 more this year, and I just can't imagine anyone giving him a contract next year, although I suppose someone might feel the "historic moment" is worth it. But A-Rod finished with 696...it is almost surprising he didn't come back just to break that.

Edited by Angelsjunky

Cody Bellinger update: 270 PA, .214/.274/.391, 9 HR, 88 wRC+, 0.9 WAR

Last three seasons (2020-22): 863 PA, .201/.277/.372, 79 wRC+, 1.6 WAR

Christian Yelich update: 314 PA, .245/.338/.377, 7 HR, 102 wRC+, 0.9 WAR

Last three seasons (2020-22): 1036 PA, .237/.353/.388, 104 wRC+, 3.0 WAR

What happened to these two? They are essentially co-MVPs in 2019, and then just collapsed. And we can't blame it on age: Yelich is 30, Bellinger 26. Meaning, they were 28 and 24 when they collapsed in 2020.

On 6/27/2022 at 3:37 PM, Angelsjunky said:

Santana was a really good hitter from 2010-19, but has been league average since (and he's 36). What, is Dipoto making a run for it?

Nah. Ty France is injured. Throw him on the pile of corpses we have in Haniger, Lewis, Tom Murphy, Taylor Trammel, etc etc etc

We just need depth and a veteran bat who takes walks I guess is ok. We didn't give up anything of worth for him. 

When France comes back, Santana will likely just DH .... which stops us from having to play Justin Upton who is literally toast.