• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I dislike him as much as the next guy, but this is a player issue.  They aren’t performing and we don’t have the depth to solve that.  If Trout has a normal week we win at least one of the three games in NY and the last game of the Toronto series.  If not a single bullpen arm is performing how do you make the right call?  Ohtani, shit the bed yesterday and Syndergaard the game before.  How does Maddon prevent his best or second best pitcher from doing that?  

It’s totally a player issue, but we don’t know what happens in the clubhouse. We just see the end results and the esoteric moves he makes on a daily basis— and an 8 game losing streak doesn’t exactly make me confident in his ability to manage this team, but it’s not all on him. I don’t disagree with your points, but maybe Maddon is not a good fit for this team. Maybe he hasn’t been able to tap into their full potential? I don’t know. Nobody here does.

It’s especially tough for us to tell from the outside, especially since the Angels are a very private ball club. I get the feeling the team hasn’t lost faith in their manager, but that’s not always their call to make. Maybe Minasian wants to make a change.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2022/06/04/dodgers-open-with-record-tax-payroll

The Los Angeles Dodgers opened the season with an all-time high $310.6 million payroll for purposes of the luxury tax and are on track to pay a record tax of nearly $47 million, according to figures compiled by Major League Baseball and obtained by The Associated Press.

This is why baseball sucks.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2022/06/04/dodgers-open-with-record-tax-payroll

The Los Angeles Dodgers opened the season with an all-time high $310.6 million payroll for purposes of the luxury tax and are on track to pay a record tax of nearly $47 million, according to figures compiled by Major League Baseball and obtained by The Associated Press.

This is why baseball sucks.

But they are now off the hook for the Bauer deal.  

20 minutes ago, Stradling said:

But they are now off the hook for the Bauer deal.  

They've already paid him almost $7M this year.  Also, his suspension is under appeal.

Either way, they're spending more than $300M this year. 

On 6/3/2022 at 9:39 AM, Lou said:

"Minnesota Twins broadcaster Jim Kaat referred to New York Yankees left-hander Nestor Cortes as “Nestor the Molestor” during a broadcast Thursday, the second offensive remark in the past year by the 83-year-old Hall of Fame pitcher while calling a game."

lol 

I used to work with a guy we called ‘Nestor the Molestor.’ It took 10 years but eventually he got fired, and you guessed it, it was molesting that got him.

59 minutes ago, JoAdellsWeakChin said:

My mom texting me today something about the mayor of Anaheim and the deal to sell the stadium not going thru and as a result we are now cursed.

I said 2003 happened and Arte Moreno is the curse.

You should have told your mom that you are a grown up and don’t believe in curses. She would have been proud of you.  

1 hour ago, JoAdellsWeakChin said:

My mom texting me today something about the mayor of Anaheim and the deal to sell the stadium not going thru and as a result we are now cursed.

I said 2003 happened and Arte Moreno is the curse.

Oh and welcome to the board!