• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

10 minutes ago, Taylor said:

In before someone thinks we can trade Adell, Suarez, Barria, and Adams for Castillo and Mahle.

I’d be interested in David Price if the Dodgers don’t want much back, solid addition to the rotation until Suarez figures it out. If that doesn’t work out he has shown success in the bullpen. 

12 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Cleveland was down 8-2 heading to the 9th, and tied it against the white Sox.

Davey Martinez is a retard

Naylor crushed a score-tying grand slam. Two batters earlier, the White Sox had a 99.7 percent win probability.

Naylor's heroics weren't finished. The White Sox went on to load the bases in the bottom of the ninth. With two outs, Adam Engel ripped a ball down the third-base line. Ramirez snagged it with a full-out, diving stop and fired to first. Naylor, fully outstretched with his foot still on the base, picked the throw off the dirt to extend the game into extra innings.

Two innings later, it was — who else? — Naylor, who came to the plate with two runners on base and drilled a three-run home run in the top of the 11th inning that put the Guardians on top 12-9, the eventual final score. Two home runs, seven RBIs and a highlight-reel play at first base, all after the Guardians were down to their last out in the top of the ninth inning.

Naylor became the first player in MLB history with two three-run or better home runs in the ninth inning or later in the same game, according to STATS. And combined with an RBI-double in the eighth inning, Naylor became the first player with at least eight RBI from the eighth inning on since the RBI became an official statistic in 1920, according to Sarah Langs of mlb.com.

44 minutes ago, Barf said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-announces-long-term-partnership-with-london

Thoughts? Though I am sure will be the Dodgers, Yankees, etc

MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred and London mayor Sadiq Khan announced a long-term partnership between the league and the city Monday that includes regular-season games in 2023, 2024 and 2026, along with other major events over the next five years.

Are they predicting there will be another pandemic in 2025?

52 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Someone smart (@Inside Pitch), any insight as to why these guys are struggling, other than baseball is hard and it’s early?

I think baseball is indeed hard. Dead balls. Young players. 

Julio is heating up though .... I can't speak for the others as I don't watch them.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/julio-rodriguez-677594?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb

When Julio hits the ball ... he hits the shit out of it ... exit velocity wise. 

Kelenic on the other hand. He's an absolute joke and a bust. I hate him and my negativity about him got me banned from the Mariners subreddit lol. 

3 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Someone smart (@Inside Pitch), any insight as to why these guys are struggling, other than baseball is hard and it’s early?

You have it right @m0nkey, it's early and the balls/humidor are just really impacting offense early on.  Puts Adell's  97 OPS+ into perspective too.

Also, Rodriguez and Pena are doing fine.  The predictive stuff with Rodriguez is all good, the K rate is elevated but the defense, base running, and batted ball data is all really good to great, particularly when you consider his age.

Best Mariner position player prospect since maybe Arod.