• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

This is actually a pretty solid career move for him.  He will get to play everyday, make better money and maybe something clicks for him or he puts up gaudy numbers and a MLB team takes a one year flyer on him down the road.  

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say he’ll still have barely more rbis than me. 

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

The talent?

talent sure. i know rojas is talented. nobody gets even near the mlb without immense talent. i think it's something between the ears. not saying rojas is stupid, just saying tony was special, but i did see some physical similarities in that swing.

16 hours ago, ukyah said:

talent sure. i know rojas is talented. nobody gets even near the mlb without immense talent. i think it's something between the ears. not saying rojas is stupid, just saying tony was special, but i did see some physical similarities in that swing.

Ok how bout I be more specific.  Bat to ball skills. As a major leaguer Gwynn was elite.  As a major leaguer Rojas was poor. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Ok how bout I be more specific.  Bat to ball skills. As a major leaguer Gwynn was elite.  As a major leaguer Rojas was poor. 

you're taking my throw away comment way to seriously. i'm not saying rojas is tony gwynn. i'm saying he looked kinda like tony gwynn in that photo. i will concede your point that jose rojas is not tony gwynn.

24 minutes ago, ukyah said:

you're taking my throw away comment way to seriously. i'm not saying rojas is tony gwynn. i'm saying he looked kinda like tony gwynn in that photo. i will concede your point that jose rojas is not tony gwynn.

And you took my joke too seriously.  You said something is missing, I made a quip that it was talent. No harm no foul. 

2 hours ago, ukyah said:

His butt does look large in that pic.

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

Ranking Jacob deGrom and the Top 10 Starting Pitchers of 2022-23 MLB Free-Agent Class

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10052939-ranking-jacob-degrom-and-the-top-10-starting-pitchers-of-2022-23-mlb-free-agent-class

They predict Verlander to the Cubs for 2 years, $80M and Tyler Anderson to the Angels for 4 years, $60M. I would say there is zero chance either of those deals are even discussed, let alone executed. 

On 10/21/2022 at 9:32 AM, Inside Pitch said:

This is actually a pretty solid career move for him.  He will get to play everyday, make better money and maybe something clicks for him or he puts up gaudy numbers and a MLB team takes a one year flyer on him down the road.  

It’s his ONLY career move

Dodgers could become serious contenders for Aaron Judge, change Mookie Betts' position: report

Los Angeles could become "serious players" for the rights to Judge, according to MLB.com.

If the Dodgers moved on from two-time All-Star Trea Turner, along with Joey Gallo, Justin Turner and Craig Kimbrel, LA would shed around $100 million from its payroll.

The Dodgers could easily make room for Judge, though the acquisition would more than likely require a position change for six-time All-Star Mookie Betts.

Betts, who has played right field for the majority of his career, is reportedly open to a move to second base should the Dodgers sign Judge.

Saw this story, clicked on the link, saw that he pitched for the Angels in 2019.  My first thought was, "Oh, wow, I don't even remember him."  Then I searched for his name on this board, and found this reply from me.  Ha.

On 8/9/2019 at 1:30 PM, jsnpritchett said:

Never heard of him.  K's a bunch, but gives up a lot of hits and BBs, too.  Weird stat line this year.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=delpoz000mig