• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels ranked as the 9th most valuable MLB team in 2022

mmc

14 hours ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Taylor thinks Arte was some upper-middle-class schmo until he lucked into somehow buying an MLB franchise on leverage, and has now gotten fantastically wealthy merely from owning the team.

He also thinks the Braves 4% profit margin in the year that they won a World Series is an "obscene" profit.

4% profit

Is that 4% greater than expenses?

For example 250,l million expenses with 4% profit would mean 10 million profit.

Not sure if my mathematical formula is correct.

However if it is, 10 million profit wouldn't get you an average backend starter.

29 minutes ago, stormngt said:

4% profit

Is that 4% greater than expenses?

For example 250,l million expenses with 4% profit would mean 10 million profit.

Not sure if my mathematical formula is correct.

However if it is, 10 million profit wouldn't get you an average backend starter.

A couple things... 2021 is not a good barometer of recent economic performance for MLB teams. How much of the 'expenses' come from paying for the new ball park they're playing in? How much of their revenue comes from potentially below market rate media deals? How are any ancillary benefits to the parent company accounted for? Revenue sharing and tax laws incentivize creative accounting.

21 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

A couple things... 2021 is not a good barometer of recent economic performance for MLB teams. How much of the 'expenses' come from paying for the new ball park they're playing in? How much of their revenue comes from potentially below market rate media deals? How are any ancillary benefits to the parent company accounted for? Revenue sharing and tax laws incentivize creative accounting.

The answers are all right there in the financials, but you won't read them because it might challenge your assumptions.  Remember, the only reason we know about the Braves is they are a part of a publicly traded company.  Required by law and SEC regulation to file quarterly statements and follow standard accounting practices.

But I know you just *feel like* they must be committing felony crimes with "creative accounting" and what-not, and no amount of actual hard, factual information is going to sway you away from your emotion-derived feelings on the issue.

21 minutes ago, Taylor said:

What about the group of folks who continually repeat the same talking points? I don't see you calling them out.

I have higher expectations for you.

4 hours ago, Lazorko Saves said:

The answers are all right there in the financials, but you won't read them because it might challenge your assumptions.  Remember, the only reason we know about the Braves is they are a part of a publicly traded company.  Required by law and SEC regulation to file quarterly statements and follow standard accounting practices.

But I know you just *feel like* they must be committing felony crimes with "creative accounting" and what-not, and no amount of actual hard, factual information is going to sway you away from your emotion-derived feelings on the issue.

Well since you already read them, why don't you fill me in?

4 hours ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Also, I should add, I am more than willing to be convinced that MLB owners are very much in it for the love of the game. In fact I really would like to believe it. The problem is, when I read a defense of ownership it is quite often in the form of your post - completely devoid of any useful information and full of tired bootlicker insults.