• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels considering moving Trout out of CF

mmc

The corner outfield spots should be open competition like SS. Adell hasn't shown he should be guaranteed anything and Upton is in a walk year, unless he's planning on retiring after this year he could come into '22 super motivated and put up those free agent year numbers.

I'm also higher on Ward than most. If we are in win now mode with Maddon in a contract year I think Ward is gonna put up better numbers than Marsh/Adell as long as he stays healthy.

Edited by IheartLA

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Or he’s a team first guy. 

Marsh hasn't proved he's an everyday player yet. Before Trout is moved we'd have to establish that Upton is done, Marsh is good, and that Trout's defense has deteriorated to the point it has to be addressed. Trout has heard his defense needed to improve for years and he worked hard and got his #s up. I don't think he'd give up and say he can't handle center, I think he'd work harder to try to improve rather than just move. 

I refer you to the Pujols sucks threads from 2017+ where everyone wanted Pujols replaced and it wasn't going to happen unless it was so clear cut you had to. Not Valbuena/Cron but Walsh. Trout would have to be so bad in CF like league worst level and Marsh would have to be proving he's a guaranteed starter prob more like borderline all star to facilitate the move. Otherwise if Marsh is struggling and needs to be sent down we have no CF again and Trout would play there again and he would probably not enjoy being shifted around every month.

5 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

Marsh hasn't proved he's an everyday player yet. Before Trout is moved we'd have to establish that Upton is done, Marsh is good, and that Trout's defense has deteriorated to the point it has to be addressed. Trout has heard his defense needed to improve for years and he worked hard and got his #s up. I don't think he'd give up and say he can't handle center, I think he'd work harder to try to improve rather than just move. 

I refer you to the Pujols sucks threads from 2017+ where everyone wanted Pujols replaced and it wasn't going to happen unless it was so clear cut you had to. Not Valbuena/Cron but Walsh. Trout would have to be so bad in CF like league worst level and Marsh would have to be proving he's a guaranteed starter prob more like borderline all star to facilitate the move. Otherwise if Marsh is struggling and needs to be sent down we have no CF again and Trout would play there again and he would probably not enjoy being shifted around every month.

Well obviously the Angels are considering it since they talked to Trout about it. Also this could be an indication that they are committed to Marsh playing everyday. It could also be posturing on the Angels part. 

1 hour ago, IheartLA said:

The corner outfield spots should be open competition like SS. Adell hasn't shown he should be guaranteed anything and Upton is in a walk year, unless he's planning on retiring after this year he could come into '22 super motivated and put up those free agent year numbers.

I'm also higher on Ward than most. If we are in win now mode with Maddon in a contract year I think Ward is gonna put up better numbers than Marsh/Adell as long as he stays healthy.

I like Ward had decent numbers last year.

2 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

This actually kind of saddens me that we've gotten to the point in Trout's career where the move out of his career position is being discussed. And we still haven't experienced some real team success. I hope that changes soon.

It is sad but even sadder that  the Angels aren’t trying their best to win.  

6 minutes ago, Revad said:

I think Arte is trying....I just think his approach, during Trout's years, has been poor, at times downright inept---big contracts to aging and declining veterans, a perplexing withdrawal from the international market a decade ago (for which we are still paying a price) and mediocre drafting and development.....

18 minutes ago, Revad said:

It's sad that you're not even making an effort to post something based in actual truth.

50 minutes ago, True Grich said:

It's sad that you're not even making an effort to post something based in actual truth.

Perhaps your right but lowballing scouting and player development stands out to me.  Do you think Artie is more concerned with winning or profits?

17 hours ago, Stradling said:

Well obviously the Angels are considering it since they talked to Trout about it. Also this could be an indication that they are committed to Marsh playing everyday. It could also be posturing on the Angels part. 

“I hadn’t really thought about it until it popped up,” Trout said. “I obviously love center field. I’ve got nine years left [on my contract] so I could see it down the road, moving to a corner. Corner outfield is less on your body. They’re trying to keep me out there for 162 games. But I want to play center field and we had a great conversation about it.” 

"I feel comfortable out there and natural,” Trout said. “I told them basically to tell me what to work on and I'll get better at it.

5 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

“I hadn’t really thought about it until it popped up,” Trout said. “I obviously love center field. I’ve got nine years left [on my contract] so I could see it down the road, moving to a corner. Corner outfield is less on your body. They’re trying to keep me out there for 162 games. But I want to play center field and we had a great conversation about it.” 

"I feel comfortable out there and natural,” Trout said. “I told them basically to tell me what to work on and I'll get better at it.

Yep, I made a wrong assumption based on what I read. My bad.