• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

11 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Does anyone believe in the Trevor Story hype? I just see a mediocre hitter despite being at Coors Field. 

Honestly, though. Can someone give me reason to want him on the Angels?

at the right price, sure.  5/100-120?   Great.  He's a good hitter and an excellent defender and the Angels have a need.  7 for 180 or something like that?  Bye bye.  

20 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm fine with that.  Never really understood the fascination with him.  Barria might put up similar numbers.

The problem is guys get injured and most of our starters have gigantic question marks. We need depth really badly, and he would've provided good depth. It isn't about Anderson vs. Barria. It's about having that extra layer of support. 

Obviously it won't be Anderson at this point, but we really need another arm.

Just now, Pancake Bear said:

The problem is guys get injured and most of our starters have gigantic question marks. We need depth really badly, and he would've provided good depth. It isn't about Anderson vs. Barria. It's about having that extra layer of support. 

Might need to overwhelm Cincy or Oakland for 1 of their starters. Preferably Cincy.

3 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Depth is obviously important. But Barria and Suarez have 0 options left so they can't really be considered depth. Anderson would need to be in the rotation and he's basically redundant with those 2.

Packy Naughton will hopefully clear waivers. 

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Depth is obviously important. But Barria and Suarez have 0 options left so they can't really be considered depth. Anderson would need to be in the rotation and he's basically redundant with those 2.

Definitely agree. might need to include one of them in a trade for a more established pitcher. I could see Oakland taking 1 of those 2 with a high level prospect for Montas or Manaea. Someone to fill out the current roster and an upside later.

31 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm fine with that.  Never really understood the fascination with him.  Barria might put up similar numbers.

Problem now nothing much left on FA market. I hate the Dodgers but they know how to have pitching depth. Anderson was an inn eater. Unless halos add some more depth in starters they will be in trouble. 

7 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Suarez is already basically guaranteed a rotation spot. Barria is long relief. We have basically few great options in the minors after Detmers for the rotation. Barria in the pen gives an extra layer of depth. 

3 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Definitely agree. might need to include one of them in a trade for a more established pitcher. I could see Oakland taking 1 of those 2 with a high level prospect for Montas or Manaea. Someone to fill out the current roster and an upside later.

Could put Barria in BP he has pitch well coming out of pen

2 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Problem now nothing much left on FA market. I hate the Dodgers but they know how to have pitching depth. Anderson was an inn eater. Unless halos add some more depth in starters they will be in trouble. 

They were using openers in the playoffs last year.

2 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Angels broadcasters keep mentioning the possibility of the Angels deciding to maybe add more infield help. 
Obviously just speculation, but you never know.....

Seems pretty obvious tbh. I dont think you build a top notch bp with playoff aspirations to have an infield competition amongst utility role players.