• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

5 minutes ago, mmc said:

Richards is also still available, or we could take a chance on Duffy, Archer, or Boyd.  That's it though really

If they signed Archer....  I'd actually begin to question Perry and if what he says is real or just BS.  

Chris Archer was overrated but a lock for 200 innings.   2017 was a long time ago.

I think I would describe Perry’s comments as negative when it comes to adding more players.  As far as the starting pitchers I mean lol.  The two guys he references, Sandoval and Suarez.  Neither threw 100 innings.  Canning’s back is fucked apparently.  As of this morning.  It’s very nice and cool to be optimistic about young fun players like Sandoval and Suarez.  Hopefully it works out ! The thing is that we’ve spent the last decade with this stuff never working out.  The Angels have Ohtani  (GULP) and a bunch of guys that are very young and have question marks or just question marks.  Why the fuck are they banking on Lorenzen ? That was way before the lockout.  Other then just not spending the money needed why are they doing that ? Baffling ! Anyway.  I will once again hope that muh Angels don’t suck shit.  I’m truly am excited about Snydergaard (more massive question marks) but I think it would be fine if the GM didn’t do the “we’re confident” thing.  I mean who cares I guess.  Say what you’ve gotta say.  But it’s bullshit.  Everyone knows that. 

that said.  Good news Perry ! You say you want to add bullpen help.  There are a bunch of good bullpen arms available. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think I would describe Perry’s comments as negative when it comes to adding more players.  As far as the starting pitchers I mean lol.  The two guys he references, Sandoval and Suarez.  Neither threw 100 innings.  Canning’s back is fucked apparently.  As of this morning.  It’s very nice and cool to be optimistic about young fun players like Sandoval and Suarez.  Hopefully it works out ! The thing is that we’ve spent the last decade with this stuff never working out.  The Angels have Ohtani  (GULP) and a bunch of guys that very young and have question marks or just question marks.  Why the fuck are they banking on Lorenzen ? That was way before the lockout.  Other then just not spending the money needed why are they doing that ? Baffling ! Anyway.  I will once again hope that muh Angels don’t suck shit.  I’m truly am excited about Snydergaard (more massive question marks) but I think it would be fine if the GM didn’t do the “we’re confident” thing.  I mean who cares I guess.  Say what you’ve gotta say.  But it’s bullshit.  Everyone knows that. 

that said.  Good news Perry ! You say you want to add bullpen help.  There are a bunch of good bullpen arms available. 

I've noticed that you're using more exclamation points these days.  Everything ok, buddy?

1 hour ago, Lou said:

So some of you guys clamor to hear from Perry, then when you do, you call him a liar.

Not predictable at all. 

I would prefer that Perry be on the phone with agents and/or other GMs. I can wait to hear from him--perhaps as a postmortem of the offseason. 

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Random question: Should fans be worried at all that Arte and Perry are just hanging out around camp right now?
Considering the big FAs that are still out there, I figure they'd be flying somewhere or at least crazy busy if they were trying to sign them or work up a trade.

They both have phones and laptops.

9 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I know it's not a big splash, but adding Richards at a low dollar deal is not the worst idea.

I don’t know.  To me that just reeks of signing a guy just to sign him.  Richards hasn’t worked out anywhere. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t know.  To me that just reeks of signing a guy to sign him.  Richards hasn’t worked out anywhere. 

Except here. His tenure in Boston didn't go well, but he was decent.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-red-sox/2021/07/09/garrett-richards-red-sox-mlb-substance-spin-rates/

Is he the guy he was in 2014 and 2015? No. Could we maybe get 2013 out of him?

He was also ok in the pen, seems like he'd be a good counterpart to Lorenzen. One in the pen and one as a starter...

For some reason the more and more Freeman goes unsigned the more I think he comes to Anaheim. 
Dude is from SoCal and the Angels were linked to him ever since Perry Minasian came over here. 

Not much of a need, but I guess if it gets Walsh to a corner spot then maybe it does free up one of Marsh or Adell to flip a trade to Miami or Oakland.

If the Dodgers really wanted him I feel like he would have already signed there. 

Not to mention he grew up an Angels fan and was an OC boy

Edited by angelsnationtalk