• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

33 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Did I miss something?

A healthy Trout and Rendon will help. Thor and Ohtani at top of rotation. Adell and Marsh playing a lot last year is a help. Health like any team is crucial for halos. One more starter could be back of rotation Tyler Anderson, Archer, Pineda, Duffy, and 2 more in pen and halos will compete for title. SS give me best defensive player we have. Another OF we have Taylor Ward play him at 1B against some lefties. Angels are going to be just fine without spending on some long term contract. Money saved we can have $ hot dogs.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Sandoval is the guy that, to me, is a huge pivot point between the Angels having a marginal season or having a big year. 

He could be very inconsistent and he could be dominant.  The stuff is there.  Is this his big breakout year??

He was on his way when he was injured.

44 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

This is effectively the same team as last year, we're just hoping for a better outcome.

I'm disappointed in this offseason but disagree with that take.

Thor giving us 100 innings instead of Heaney

Anyone giving us 100 innings instead of Bundy

Trout for 140 games and Rendon for 140 games

Loup in the pen

Except for SS that is massively better

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

I'm disappointed in this offseason but disagree with that take.

Thor giving us 100 innings instead of Heaney

Anyone giving us 100 innings instead of Bundy

Trout for 140 games and Rendon for 140 games

Loup in the pen

Except for SS that is massively better

I'm just saying we penciled Trout and Rendon in for 140 games last season. On paper this team isn't much different from the one we started last season with. I did forget about Loup though.

7 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I just have this feeling like we're done making any moves of any significance.

you say that now, but just wait until we sign a 27 year old SS cut from the tigers AA team.

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

This is effectively the same team as last year, we're just hoping for a better outcome.

there are certain things I think we can assume and others we're hoping for. 

Pen:
Assumptions - Iglesias will be about the same.  Loup will be good but not as good as he was with the mets but better than just about anyone we had last year.  
Hope - Warren is as good over more innings.   Mayers is better (I think he will be).  Quijada doesn't turn into a pumpkin figuratively (he's already shaped like one physically).  We get solid production from several other young dudes.  

Offense
Assumptions - Trout is Trout.  I'm gonna assume this.  Otherwise the season is lost again.  Rendon is good again.  Same.  Ohtani is very good.  Walsh is solid.  Marsh and Adell are league avg.  Stassi is solid.  
Hope - Fletch is 2019/20 and not 21.  Adell and Marsh are very good.  One of our SS options isn't a total black hole.  

SP:
Assumptions:  The combo of SPs will be about or slightly below league avg.  
Hope - Syndergaard is the guy he was in 2015-18.  Ohtani is the same.  Sandoval is the same over more innings.  Suarez is the same over more innings.  Lorenzen can transition to a starter seamlessly.  One or two of Detmers, Barria and Canning can step up and find their groove.  

Defense:
Assumptions - none
Hope - not a disaster.  League average.  

4 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Is it harder for Minasian to sign starters because Angels have a 6 man rotation? Most starters work in 5 man rotations. 

More likely it is due to money.  Could also be due to something else.

5 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Is it harder for Minasian to sign starters because Angels have a 6 man rotation? Most starters work in 5 man rotations. 

Probably the most reasonable thing you’ve said on this board. 

it’s a fair question. One I think would effect FA more than trades. Conversely, I think it could be a selling point just like it was for Thor that limits the wear on the body. 

28 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

This is a nonissue.  If the Angels had a guy that is good and is fully capable of starting every fifth day, that wants to start every fifth day, they could start every fifth game just jumping forward one spot and having the others just continue in the other spots.

24 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Probably the most reasonable thing you’ve said on this board. 

it’s a fair question. One I think would effect FA more than trades. Conversely, I think it could be a selling point just like it was for Thor that limits the wear on the body. 

This is why I think a pitcher like Duffy, Cueto, Archer more likely to sign here.  Greinke, Anderson or Pineda would want to pirch in 5 man rotation.