• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

22 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

The Reds are stuck with Moustakas in the same way that we are stuck with JUp, only for an extra year in Moose's deal.  

Pass on Moose if he is holding up any deal with the Reds. 

No we need pitching and if Cincy wants to trade Mahle or Castillo they can attach Moose. 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Yep, I forgot that he opted out after 2021.    As Emily Litella would say, never mind.

Moustakas and Mahle/Castillo isn’t a horrible idea for similar concept. Moustakas is kinda expensive, risky, and a bit unnecessary, but he could offer some reasonable insurance at the corners and ugh 2B. He’s definitely not ideal but I would say he does fit the team’s depth needs really well, albeit expensively, especially if taking on that money facilitates landing one of those arms. He’d be at worst an expensive Jack Howell.

They aren’t expensive enough to necessarily be shopped, but Amir Garret and Aristedes Aquino would be worth exploring.

Edited by totdprods

1 minute ago, mmc said:

Archer and Duffy both feel like they’d possibly be good fits for a 6-man rotation, even if not ready right out of the gate. Cole Hamels on a minor league deal, purely out of familiarity with Perry in ATL, as well. Not as primary moves but as secondary depth.

Angels are between a rock and a hard place. Right now, they're going to finish 3rd or 4th in the AL West. And if they want to finish higher, it's going to cost their prospect capital and severely hurt the team in the long run. 

When the Angels lost out on Robbie Ray, it pretty much effectively eliminated their chances at winning the AL West. Truth is they'd need a healthy Ohtani and Syndergaard, plus Ray, just in order to seriously contend for first place.

Sam Bachman and Jo Adell aren't worth Luis Castillo and their gamble at first place in 2022. 

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Angels are between a rock and a hard place. Right now, they're going to finish 3rd or 4th in the AL West. And if they want to finish higher, it's going to cost their prospect capital and severely hurt the team in the long run. 

When the Angels lost out on Robbie Ray, it pretty much effectively eliminated their chances at winning the AL West. Truth is they'd need a healthy Ohtani and Syndergaard, plus Ray, just in order to seriously contend for first place.

Sam Bachman and Jo Adell aren't worth Luis Castillo and their gamble at first place in 2022. 

I don’t see how the Angels can win the west but baseball is crazy.  I wish they’d just finish the roster with FA and save the farm.

12 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Well said. Sad state the team is in. They could certainly still make the playoffs but this has overall been a disappointing offseason. 

53 minutes ago, Revad said:

Interesting read- describing the Suzuki signing as “low key.”  Also makes a case for a SS or outfielder.  Some depressing stats in there…

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/angels-bring-back-kurt-suzuki-but-are-running-out-of-options-to-do-more/

That's about as optimistic of a read as you'll find.

13 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Did I miss something?

We're better than last year. Trout and Rendon being healthy makes us better. Thor hopefully brings some quality innings. Even our young pitchers will be a better pen than last year. I actually do think we'll miss Iglesias at SS, so SS we're weaker than last year but everything else we're at lease better than last year. 

9 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

We're better than last year. Trout and Rendon being healthy makes us better. Thor hopefully brings some quality innings. Even our young pitchers will be a better pen than last year. I actually do think we'll miss Iglesias at SS, so SS we're weaker than last year but everything else we're at lease better than last year. 

This is effectively the same team as last year, we're just hoping for a better outcome.