• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Perry:  snorrrre, tic toc, tic toc

I heard that Story turned down a reasonable 5 years/$100 million because that team wanted him to move from SS.

Uhh Arte, Perry, that isn’t that bad of a deal to bring in a strong defense and solid enough hitting SS who can also make things happen on the bases?

Uh, he turned that deal down. 

38 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t get how you can say this.  How can you describe Canning who’s proven nothing and Barria who’s proven nothing and Suarez who’s proven nothing as depth ? Depth is represented by players that are reasonably reliable.  None of those guys have proven themselves to be that.  Even Sandoval needs to show growth and health this year.  You don’t have depth when 3/4 of the starters need to prove they can even be described as belonging.  We all have high hopes for them.  All of them need to prove it.  Not depth.  That’s the opposite of depth. 

I guess we have different definitions of “depth”.

If Canning as a stud, I wouldn’t call him “depth”.

But rather than debate what depth means. . . 
I am tired of the Angels adding to the back half of the rotation when they should be adding to the front half.

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

Just looked up Anderson's Seattle numbers. Take away his one terrible game and he threw 50 innings with a 4.01 era. Not saying we should be excited, but not as bad as I thought. 

Much better to bring him in and give Detmers another season in the minors.