• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

59 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

He's from the suburbs of Atlanta, not Atlanta itself (just like me, so I know.  Ha ha.  His high school is about 5 miles from the one I went to.).  Still seems like an absurdly high price to pay for only 2 guaranteed years of a guy.

Well, the Braves are in the suburbs now too, so even more of a natural fit.

16 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I mean at that point I'd rather get Greinke 

The Angels don’t give a crap about the pitcher the could be 1 win 20 loses and still sign them as long as they are cheap to get. They would by stupid as Tyler Anderson is not going to do crap to help get the Angels into the playoffs

2 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Just looked up Anderson's Seattle numbers. Take away his one terrible game and he threw 50 innings with a 4.01 era. Not saying we should be excited, but not as bad as I thought. 

He fits what Minasian wants a cheap 1 year deal. Get some bullpen help Angels ready to roll. Come trade deadline everyone on AW talking will halos be buyers or sellers?

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

If the angels were going to give a contract to Zach Greinke they should have done it 10 years ago.  Hard pass.  Anderson fits as an depth guy.  Which they need.  There’s no top end pitcher out there guys.  Time to accept that.  

I don’t see the Angels needing “depth” with what they have already.

What they needed was an upgrade somewhere in the top half of the rotation with the others all falling one place in the rotation to provide the “depth.”

To me I have a ton of interest in Ryan Tepera. If they get Anderson and him I think that’s a pretty good way to wrap up the off-season.  All these dumb fucks that get hurt or under preform every fucking year need to deliver.  It’s right that we want Arte to do more but also the Angels have a bunch of guys that they need a lot more from.  It’s time for most of the pitchers to deliver something.  The angels have got nothing from most of them.  We need fletcher to not suck shit this year.  We need Rendon to not figure out fun new ways to not play.  They need Upton to not be worthless.  Etc.  

Edited by UndertheHalo