• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Olson is from Atlanta. Very good chance they lock him up long-term. He’s no Freddie Freeman, but he won’t be paid like Freddie either.

Watch the Angels sign Freeman and flip Walsh and Canning to Oakland for Manaea or Montas and Trivino or something. 

I would love this, or at least something similar to this. Since we have Paris, Jackson, B. Davis and Vera I don't think we should invest in any of the FA SS's. Freeman > Correa all day, every day. 

Vintage Angels move if this happens

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Olson is from Atlanta. Very good chance they lock him up long-term. He’s no Freddie Freeman, but he won’t be paid like Freddie either.

Watch the Angels sign Freeman and flip Walsh and Canning to Oakland for Manaea or Montas and Trivino or something. 

Sounds like the Yankees are hot after Manea or Montas...but what else is new?

Just now, mmc said:

Love Freddie....and I am a Braves fan as well as an Angel fan...but he priced himself out of a new contract with the Braves.....that's ok...it isn't like the Braves didn't try to sign him....he made his choice....

47 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I truly don't understand what the Braves are doing.  That's just nuts.  Olson isn't THAT good, especially if you only have him for two more years. 

Estes is probably the best prospect being moved.  Cusik is Bachman with one fewer pitch but he's a triple digit guy.  Not sure where Langeliers would rank among the As young catchers but all of them are better than any catching prospect the Angels have had in the last 10 years lol....  I know Pache's star has dimmed but still surprising to see them give up so much while including him.

7 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Estes is probably the best prospect being moved.  Cusik is Bachman with one fewer pitch but he's a triple digit guy.  Not sure where Langeliers would rank among the As young catchers but all of them are better than any catching prospect the Angels have had in the last 10 years lol....  I know Pache's star has dimmed but still surprising to see them give up so much while including him.

Next draft Minasian should pick all catchers to go with all of the pitchers from last year's draft. 

15 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

He's from the suburbs of Atlanta, not Atlanta itself (just like me, so I know.  Ha ha.  His high school is about 5 miles from the one I went to.).  Still seems like an absurdly high price to pay for only 2 guaranteed years of a guy.

Personally feel that Pache is overrated.  He's gonna have issues with contact.  Was a 60 FV guy last year and after more looks it's dropped to 50 FV.  Power is avg at best.  Probably a great defender.  A rich man's Jordyn Adams.  His drop on FG from top 20 to 72 this last year is indicative of such.  

The big get for Oakland is this deal is Langeliers imo.  I wanted him in the draft way back when but he went before we had a chance to get him.  His D is supposedly excellent and his bat very good for a C.  

So it's a couple top 100 guys plus some parts.  All of who have high ceilings.  Like Cusick - ATL first round pick from a year ago.  Big stuff.  No command.  

Not far from what I'd expect the haul to be for Olson.  2 years of control but only 27.  And he's about a 4 WAR 1bman.  Which is hard to do at that position.  I also think his D is underrated.  But he also got to a new level offensively in 2021.  Closing in on elite.  

Perhaps the return was a bit heavy, like the inclusion of Cusick, but there was likely a bidding war so they added the extra guy.  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Personally feel that Pache is overrated.  He's gonna have issues with contact.  Was a 60 FV guy last year and after more looks it's dropped to 50 FV.  Power is avg at best.  Probably a great defender.  A rich man's Jordyn Adams.  His drop on FG from top 20 to 72 this last year is indicative of such.  

The big get for Oakland is this deal is Langeliers imo.  I wanted him in the draft way back when but he went before we had a chance to get him.  His D is supposedly excellent and his bat very good for a C.  

So it's a couple top 100 guys plus some parts.  All of who have high ceilings.  Like Cusick - ATL first round pick from a year ago.  Big stuff.  No command.  

Not far from what I'd expect the haul to be for Olson.  2 years of control but only 27.  And he's about a 4 WAR 1bman.  Which is hard to do at that position.  I also think his D is underrated.  But he also got to a new level offensively in 2021.  Closing in on elite.  

Perhaps the return was a bit heavy, like the inclusion of Cusick, but there was likely a bidding war so they added the extra guy.  

Pache just flat out stopped developing.