• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

2 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

German Marquez is not going to be available in June or July. Rockies signing players plus extending others on their team Rockies have said they are not trading him and want to resign him.

We'll see

3 hours ago, HanfordGuy said:

Why didn’t you let Story upsize his drink at Taco Bell during contract negotiations???

A. I have a budget to hold to

B. He had already added extra cheese to his chalupa, so there wasn’t anymore discretionary monies available

It was very disappointing as I really liked this kid. Too bad he tried to eat us out of house and home. Next!

6 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Chris Archer, Brett Anderson and Johnny Cueto still out there. Maybe Archer on minor league deal?

This is a “who cares” list.  The quality starters are gone.  These are drunk fatties at last call.

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

Angel depth in starters is weak. 

The Angels don’t have a depth problem in terms of quantity. They don’t need more bodies.  They have plenty of bodies.

They needed to upgrade the front half or middle of the rotation.  Nobody left does that.

10 hours ago, cals said:

https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/amp/all_30_mlb_managers_ranked/s1__37285696

Maddon is #9.  We’re lucky to have him.  I know you like to let off some steam but don’t be rude.  Joe is the heart and soul of this coaching staff.

What's it like to be "that guy" that no one ever takes seriously?

44 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I don’t understand saying the Angels would have to overpay.  The team that pays the most gets the deal.  Is it an overpay if you pay the price to get the deal?  If so, then every deal is an overpay for the team that gets the deal.

Also, the Angels system being ranked 23rd isn’t all that important in determining if the Angels can make a deal.  The Angels have the pieces to make a deal.  It’s juat a matter of if they want to part with them.

Further, Marsh is the most often mentioned trade piece and he would not be included in these farm system rankings.

Lastly, this is part of why I wanted the Angels to get Story.  We all know that he may not be an offensive beast outside of Coors, but he was a pretty good bet to be a good offensive SS, and that could have made it much more digestible to trade Marsh for an impact starter.

Luis Castillo has been shut down with shoulder soreness and may not be ready for opening day according to Reds manager David Bell.

Castillo is currently throwing again according to Bell, but is behind schedule to be ready for the season. There are no further details at this time. The right-hander posted a 3.98 ERA with 192 strikeouts over 187 2/3 innings (33 starts) in 2021.

Clearly the Angels have to like this news because he fits their staff perfectly.

24 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I don't think the Angels have any intention of trading Marsh or Adell at all. I think they have them penciled in as the guys for the outfield for the foreseeable future.

If a trade doesn't come to fruition with that in mind, so be it imo.

Nothing wrong with that stance.  I totally get it. Personally I am just so sick of not having the premium starters I think are necessary to be a real contender that I am willing to make a move.

Marsh gets so much attention so I tend to yield to that interest.  It will take Marsh? For me it is OK let’s do it.

And I know it is easier for me to be openly willing to move Marsh because I am less convinced than others that he is going to be all that great.  I don’t like outfielders that have no power.  Yes he is a big boy so you can have the hope that the power comes, but so far this hasn’t materialized and it wasn’t there in the minors.

I think he will be a starting OF and have a productive career, but I just don’t see this guy as special.

If this is the moment I can use him as if he is special to get what this team really needs, I would do it.

Adell clearly, obviously has huge power.  I am much more interested in holding on to that obvious real tool than Marsh’s set of tools.

Your view is keep both and that’s fine.  But I can’t stand the idea of holding on to both if it means the Angels don’t get the pitching they need.

I would move Marsh in a deal for Montas.

Edited by Dtwncbad