• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

2 minutes ago, mmc said:

How would you guys feel about going all in on the bullpen and trying to swing a trade for Hader?

The Brewers have a shot at the NL Central. Why would they trade Hader? This isn't fantasy baseball.

19 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Exactly I was just making a point.  I prefer to make roster decisions on improving the starters rather than accept obvious vulnerabilities to avoid a smaller vulnerability in backups.

Yes it was intentionally stupid.

The reality is 2 of your 4 outfielders need to be able to play a serviceable centerfield for an extended length or else you see the Rengifo’s or Fletchers or Wongs out in CF.  I responded to someone who suggested Soler.  With Soler, but no Marsh,  you will have days of Adell, Upton and Soler in the outfield.  There should not be a single soul on this board that is comfortable with that outfield.  

Just now, angelsnationtalk said:

The bullpen looks pretty damn good. 
If the thought is to use a strong bullpen with the current rotation then why not get Correa and hold onto trade pieces for a deadline upgrade in the rotation?

Could work well for a playoff run.

$325 million reasons why.

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The reality is 2 of your 4 outfielders need to be able to play a serviceable centerfield for an extended length or else you see the Rengifo’s or Fletchers or Wongs out in CF.  I responded to someone who suggested Soler.  With Soler, but no Marsh,  you will have days of Adell, Upton and Soler in the outfield.  There should not be a single soul on this board that is comfortable with that outfield.  

I understand you’re point but there also shouldn’t be anyone comfortable with another Trout injury.

I want to build a roster that wins, and I think the correct mindset is to objectively improve the team assuming Trout (and Rendon and Ohtani) stay healthy, since this needs to be the case for success anyway.

In a nutshell, I can accept not winning if Trout gets hurt and then the OF sucks. I can’t stomach not winning passing on rotation upgrades just to make sure our OF is passable if Trout gets hurt.

Edited by Dtwncbad

36 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

For Lodge to do an even decent job, shouldn’t he be closer to sources on the team than just observing what cars are in the parking lot?

He also knows a guy that works at Oggi’s Pizza on the Terrace Level at the stadium. 

23 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

The bullpen looks pretty damn good. 
If the thought is to use a strong bullpen with the current rotation then why not get Correa and hold onto trade pieces for a deadline upgrade in the rotation?

Could work well for a playoff run.

Because there is only $2.5 mil left in the budget.