• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

What was his excuse before Sunday?

Perry didn’t want to raise any alarm bells but during the lockout, he accidentally misplaced “Arte’s” checkbook and has been paying the recent signees from the petty cash drawer. If you happen to find the checkbook, please return it to the Angels Ticket Office. The lucky person will be entitled to a free mini helmet sundae.

18 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Lmao. Perry giving fans the run around. We got marginally better, if anything.  We are relying on Ohtani repeating his pitching performance, Trout and Rendon staying healthy, young players taking the next step, and pitching projects to blossom and our pitching staff to stay healthy. 

If we are remotely healthy we will win 85+ games.

38 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

We are relying on Ohtani repeating his pitching performance, Trout and Rendon staying healthy, young players taking the next step, and pitching projects to blossom and our pitching staff to stay healthy. 

That's reasonable, IMO.

Just now, True Grich said:

I think some fans have lost sight of the fact that the Angels have a pretty good core. 

We have people who believe that Seattle is better.  I’d like to see someone do a side by side comparison of the two teams, position by position and let me know if they are indeed better.  

Just now, Stradling said:

I guess when I say that I mean if Ohtani, Trout, Rendon, Thor, Sandoval and Iglesias are relatively healthy we will win 85 games.  

Don't mind me dude.  I'm just trying to laugh to keep from crying... 

If this wasn't the recent era of Angels-dom, hearing that the biggest improvements would be coming from good health wouldn't induce eye-rolls or much negativity..

But, it's been a "yeah but if only", thing for a while now.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Don't mind me dude.  I'm just trying to laugh to keep from crying... 

If this wasn't the recent era of Angels-dom, hearing that the biggest improvements would be coming from good health wouldn't induce eye-rolls or much negativity..

But, it's been a "yeah but if only", thing for a while now.

Yea, I know. This isn’t directed at you, but our fan base has a lot of miserable people.  Guys who it feels like are rooting for our failure.  They are incapable of listening to reason.

16 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Tell that to the guy he replaced in 2015.

True....there are exceptions to every rule....but I guess you could give DiPoto a little credit.....he didn't blather on too much, he just quit.....I am sure he talked to some friendly media types but, publicly at least, he was somewhat careful....

3 minutes ago, DMVol said:

True....there are exceptions to every rule....but I guess you could give DiPoto a little credit.....he didn't blather on too much, he just quit.....I am sure he talked to some friendly media types but, publicly at least, he was somewhat careful....

I was mostly having fun with the burning bridges comment because, he certainly did in Anaheim.

As far as JD goes, he just used a ton of back channels for years to get his BS out for him.

Dude is a douchebag.  Whatever, it worked.