• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

8 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I just don't like the guy....

Me neither but he is pretty damn good.

But if I dissect why I have some interest it is really driven by me not wanting to go into the season with a big question Mark at SS.

Given that Story will be way less of an overall commitment (presumably to allow some flexibility to help in another area either now or next year), I would strongly rather land Story.

I want Correa to go to someone other than the Astros though.  He does make them better and I don’t want that.

Anyone else find it a bit notable that we haven’t made any trades yet this offseason?  (Except for Wade I think which had no asset of any value)

not saying it certainly indicates that we’re adverse to doing so but I wonder if Perry is hesitant to move from the farm.  I know we made trades last year, but that could just be him cleaning out the guys he doesn’t personally see potential in vs him wanting to expend valuable Prospect assets.

25 minutes ago, mmc said:

Anyone else find it a bit notable that we haven’t made any trades yet this offseason?  (Except for Wade I think which had no asset of any value)

not saying it certainly indicates that we’re adverse to doing so but I wonder if Perry is hesitant to move from the farm.  I know we made trades last year, but that could just be him cleaning out the guys he doesn’t personally see potential in vs him wanting to expend valuable Prospect assets.

I'm sure there are several trades being talked about. They have to be agreed upon. Just like word came out about the marsh trade after the deadline last year.