• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

I truly don't understand what the Braves are doing.  That's just nuts.  Olson isn't THAT good, especially if you only have him for two more years. 

They appear to be in "win now" mode.

3 minutes ago, mmc said:

They did this in lieu of offering Freeman a 6th year.  If you were a contending team would you rather keep your farm and have 6 years of Freeman, or trade it all for 2 of Olson?

Or Freeman was never going to resign...

4 minutes ago, mmc said:

They did this in lieu of offering Freeman a 6th year.  If you were a contending team would you rather keep your farm and have 6 years of Freeman, or trade it all for 2 of Olson?

Not signing Freeman also gives the Braves more payroll flexibility

35 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

WTF.  That's insane.  Olson is only controllable for 2 years.  Jeez. 

29 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I truly don't understand what the Braves are doing.  That's just nuts.  Olson isn't THAT good, especially if you only have him for two more years. 

Olson is from Atlanta. Very good chance they lock him up long-term. He’s no Freddie Freeman, but he won’t be paid like Freddie either.

Watch the Angels sign Freeman and flip Walsh and Canning to Oakland for Manaea or Montas and Trivino or something. 

Just now, totdprods said:

Olson is from Atlanta. Very good chance they lock him up long-term. He’s no Freddie Freeman, but he won’t be paid like Freddie either.

Watch the Angels sign Freeman and flip Walsh and Canning to Oakland for Manaea or Montas and Trivino or something. 

He's from the suburbs of Atlanta, not Atlanta itself (just like me, so I know.  Ha ha.  His high school is about 5 miles from the one I went to.).  Still seems like an absurdly high price to pay for only 2 guaranteed years of a guy.