• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

Still wish the Angels had found a way to get Kiner-Falefa. Would’ve been a very good fit for SS in my opinion. 

Garver added to Seager, Semien, and Calhoun…that lowly Rangers offense won’t be next year.

The Angels need to add one more impact player. Rotation, offense, even bullpen. They need another big add. 

Edited by totdprods

28 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Still wish the Angels had found a way to get Kiner-Falefa. Would’ve been a very good fit for SS in my opinion. 

Garver added to Seager, Semien, and Calhoun…that lowly Rangers offense won’t be next year.

The Angels need to add one more impact player. Rotation, offense, even bullpen. They need another big add. 

I think they need two big adds, actually. It’s not just a matter of improving the year over year team, it’s a matter of keeping pace with improved Mariners and Texas teams. 

The Angels badly need another dependable starter (a three or better). And they need a shortstop. And they need another offensive weapon (preferably a shortstop). I actually don’t hate the idea of acquiring an outfielder or a first baseman if one of Adell/Walsh/Marsh can headline a deal for a  different position of need. 

I wanted Rodon but it is what it is.  I hope the Angels can still improve the upside of the rotation.  If they can’t, at least I can imagine how this current group of starters could work.  

But I really don’t want to go into the season piecing together a middle infield.

I know it would be attacked as the “same old story” but if the impact starter is just not there anymore, I really don’t mind using free agency to improve the offense.

This situation as of today. . . It just feels like Trevor Story is going to be an Angel.

I kinda have a weird feeling the Angels actually do wind up with Seiya Suzuki. Never expected it, never really thought about it, but just have this feeling.

They sign a couple cheap vet RPs, maybe one cheaper SP on a one-year, and roll into the year as is. 

They’d have a lot of trade flexibility mid-season for arm upgrades.

1 hour ago, wopphil said:

I think they need two big adds, actually. It’s not just a matter of improving the year over year team, it’s a matter of keeping pace with improved Mariners and Texas teams. 

The Angels badly need another dependable starter (a three or better). And they need a shortstop. And they need another offensive weapon (preferably a shortstop). I actually don’t hate the idea of acquiring an outfielder or a first baseman if one of Adell/Walsh/Marsh can headline a deal for a  different position of need. 

My guess is they’re betting on one of Adell, Marsh or Detmers to wind up being a big add…they need two more impact players but hard to see the resources available to do that.