• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official MLB Rule Change Thread

9 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think the problem with the “2 on each side” solution to the shift is it still allows one guy to be standing basically right behind second base, which is still going to allow the other middle infielder to be way in the hole. It won’t make much difference unless you create some kind of “no fly zone” that extends like 15 feet on both sides of 2nd and use that to separate the middle infielders. 

I thought the majority of shift outs were deep in that hole between first and second. 

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Just put ankle monitors on the infielders ankles that zaps them when they go on the wrong side or stray too far from their base. Problem solved. Turn this shit into squid games. 

There's an idea. I'd also like to affix shock devices to Angels' pitchers' balls. They get a shock every time they walk a batter after getting ahead 0-2, when they go over 25 pitches in an inning, etc.

4 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

They tried it on Ted Williams and he became adept at beating it. Of course he was a smart hitter and made adjustments, not like most of our 'sluggers' today who just want to swing for the fences.

And look at him now. 

• Chuck changed the title to The Official MLB Rule Change Thread
4 hours ago, Taylor said:

There's an idea. I'd also like to affix shock devices to Angels' pitchers' balls. They get a shock every time they walk a batter after getting ahead 0-2, when they go over 25 pitches in an inning, etc.

i think we need to throw our hat in the ring during this clown fiesta of a negotiation. Why the hell not?

5 minutes ago, True Grich said:

A pitch clock seems irrelevant unless they crack down on the batters who pull a “Nomar.”

Once you step in the box there should be no pausing. If you’re not ready to hit the pitcher should throw it right by you for a strike while you’re fixing your batting gloves. If you step out of the box the catcher should be able to tag you out.

21 hours ago, AlwaysAnAngelsFan said:

Not if the rule is all infielders need to be on the dirt.

Not endorsing this but it's how it could work.

I think the “all on the dirt” solution is much more feasible than the “two on each side” solution. 

Personally the shift doesn’t bother me at all. 

MLB new rules instituted with lockout ending

Designated hitter

One of the earliest agreements on a major rule change was to implement the designated hitter in the National League.

The American League has used a designated hitter, or a non-position player who can replace the pitcher in the batting order, since 1973. It's now an MLB rule across the board.

Look for this to change the way teams assemble their lineups with increased value for sluggers who may not fit best as position players.

12-team playoff

Baseball's postseason used to include 10 teams. Now it includes 12 with the three division winners from each league joined by additional wild card teams.

The previous setup had a single wildcard matchup in the AL and NL. The new playoff bracket will feature additional series.

Draft lottery

In an effort to stop incentivizing tanking, MLB will have a weighted draft lottery for the top ——– picks.

Much like the NBA, the worst team in baseball will no longer be guaranteed the No. 1 pick.

Uniform advertisements

Another change mirroring the NBA involves ads. Teams will be able to place advertising patches on jerseys.