• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Marcus Stroman rips Billy Eppler on Twitter

Taylor

16 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Kinda took a shot at us also, like he was with us before so the public didn’t see how bad of a GM he was. But now that’s he’s on a “big market” team people are seeing it.

No, NY sports media is just on a whole other level compared to OC

32 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Hey may be right on some things, but the dude is an absolute dickbag on Twitter. I think he'd be toxic for any clubhouse. 

Good thing we didn't sign this a-hole. 

Cubs signed him for 3/$71M, which was likely a good deal but add his attitude and not as good.  He has an opt-out after two years.  I wonder if the Cubs trade him (if they’re not in contention) and that was part of the plan.  I thought the Cubs were sort of rebuilding, but they picked up wade Miley on waivers and Kyle Hendricks is there.  We’ll see if they mean to compete.

it would have been very awkward if we had signed him and he had tweeted the above.  

53 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Hey may be right on some things, but the dude is an absolute dickbag on Twitter. I think he'd be toxic for any clubhouse. 

Good thing we didn't sign this a-hole. 

Airing out team baggage on Twitter is a bad look whether you are right or wrong. I’m also glad the Angels didn’t sign him.

35 minutes ago, mmc said:

lol, most of the baseball world agrees with me

At least the farm is ranked 29th instead of 30th now though!

Yeah I wasn't an Eppler fan by no means, but Stroman should take Ervin Santana's advice and STFU and pitch. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah I wasn't an Eppler fan by no means, but Stroman should take Ervin Santana's advice and STFU and pitch. 

That running joke was actually originally directed toward Lackey. Lackey had been interviewed and was complaining about the offense or defense letting him down or something, and an OMB poster said, "Lackey needs to STFU and just pitch."

15 hours ago, Taylor said:

That running joke was actually originally directed toward Lackey. Lackey had been interviewed and was complaining about the offense or defense letting him down or something, and an OMB poster said, "Lackey needs to STFU and just pitch."

Damnit. My version sounded better. 

17 hours ago, Taylor said:

I have always appreciated Lackeys contribution to the 2002 season and obviously enjoyed his obvious on-the-field production for a number of years

But honestly I always thought he was a fake tough guy.  Kind of a baby actually.  And a jerk for how he treated some teammates.

28 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I have always appreciated Lackeys contribution to the 2002 season and obviously enjoyed his obvious on-the-field production for a number of years

But honestly I always thought he was a fake tough guy.  Kind of a baby actually.  And a jerk for how he treated some teammates.

and he divorced his wife while she was going through breast cancer....