• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Tyler Skaggs Trial (News & Notes) Thread (Eric Kay found GUILTY on both charges)

On 2/12/2022 at 8:05 PM, Jeff Fletcher said:

That’s why Kay wasn’t charged with murder or manslaughter. 

The government isn’t accusing Kay of forcing Skaggs to take the drugs. They are charging him with distribution of drugs that led to a death. 

Couldn't they get a lesser conviction if KAY turned over his contact who might have cut the opioid with the Fentanyl? Or, does it come this way across the Southern Border already cut?... It's been so many years since Miami Vice....  

On 2/14/2022 at 2:49 PM, Blarg said:

And people wonder why the Angels core of young pitchers were inconsistent.  

This is by far the Correct Statement... It kind of all makes sense now... Hate to say it! There were probably a whole list of players that played on the Team prior to this... that had some form of association on this side that may had retired or left the team through trades/releases.

16 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Couldn't they get a lesser conviction if KAY turned over his contact who might have cut the opioid with the Fentanyl? Or, does it come this way across the Southern Border already cut?... It's been so many years since Miami Vice....  

My understanding is that a lot of pills being cut with fentanyl come from Mexico (or wherever) pressed and marked to look just like the percocet, oxy, etc... one would get from a legit pharmacy. So once those hit the black market it becomes difficult or impossible to tell what is legit or cut with fentanyl unless you're actively testing each pill/batch of pills. It's a dangerous development that has led to a lot of accidental ODs.

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Nope. I'm just not a fan of his. I have him muted on Twitter. 

I've been following Quinn's reporting on this. 

Sorry, just not a fan of the last two Athletic's Angels reporters/writers. 

Blum is the worst of all the MLB beat writers currently at the Athletic, including Molly Knight.

50 minutes ago, Don said:

My understanding is that a lot of pills being cut with fentanyl come from Mexico (or wherever) pressed and marked to look just like the percocet, oxy, etc... one would get from a legit pharmacy. So once those hit the black market it becomes difficult or impossible to tell what is legit or cut with fentanyl unless you're actively testing each pill/batch of pills. It's a dangerous development that has led to a lot of accidental ODs.

Absolutely. And not just pills, but meth is laced like a mofo these days (heroin, too)

I highly doubt skaggs knew he was taking fent that day

Cant find the original quote, but above someone did that mentions Kays assistant going to Carpino.

... wasnt Kay an assistant? 

Im always baffled how many extra people organizations have, and then skimp on payroll where its needed more.

In this case, maybe Kay could do his own work, and his assistant money could have been another Scout.

(And yes, Im biased towards Scouts)

On 2/14/2022 at 8:12 PM, nate said:

FFS

Someone died, multiple players had drug problems, and an employee was dealing the drugs to them. You are telling me that it isn't willful ignorance? They had no compliance in place where any of the 10+ players and employees reported it?

You don't think leaders are held accountable for compliance when it's extremely serious crimes.

No one has mentioned that maybe the Medical and Training Staff were more culpable than say the dude in charge of Media or any other employee? Do they ever follow-up on post opp and post surgery and rehab? Post should also include medications.

2 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

you’re asking the wrong guy about how drugs get made. 

2 hours ago, failos said:

Man, this trial is really bringing out the shittiest players we’ve ever had (minus Cron of course).

Seriously.

I know Skaggs dying is tragic. And the attention it brings the org is terrible.

But the lineup being presented is just as embarrassing. 

It would be funny if the prosecutor was an Angel fan that posts here, and asks each witness at the end "and for the record, how much did the angels sign you for? And what was your ERA that year?"