• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels prospects you were dead wrong about?

mmc

Dallas McPherson comes to mind. I thought he had a lot of promise. I really think that if he hadn't been so injury-plagued, especially during the 2005/06 seasons, he could've ended up being a sort of Adam Dunn-lite kind of player. Bad luck and poor timing just kinda got him.

On 2/13/2022 at 11:57 AM, bruin5 said:

This goes back a bit, but Willie Mays Aikens.   Big left handed hitting first baseman.  SI did a cover story on the Angels farm system that said, “The Angels Prospects are Heavenly”.  Aikens was on the cover. 

Aikens spent 2 years with the Angels and then was traded to KC where I believe he was part of a WS Championship.  

In the 80’s there was no such thing as playing prospects (except for Joyner).  Otherwise it was win now for Gene Autry.  

He was also part of the Cocaine Bust that went through KC & Pittsburgh.... Jerry Martin 1982?

It's all about envisioning players as former or current players in the Majors. just be excited about their potential and realize that many won't reach the peaks that Most see in them. Some will never sniff the field, some will be good players, some will be bench/role players, some will be AAAA players and a couple in our lifetime will be Studs = Trout. 

2 hours ago, HanfordGuy said:

Looking back, I thought Shawn Wooten would have played and done more. He had some big hits for the ‘02 team.

We signed him as an OLDER Minor League Free Agent I thought? He was serviceable as one of those PARTS that SVEN made fit. He wasn't an individually Good/Great Player and would had never seen a large increase in stats due to increased playing time. He was an imperfect hitter. I guess, he could had been a Right Handed DH vs Left Handed pitchers. But that would had equated to what 230-250 At bats annually?

He was just Another on the List of "Frosted TIPS" that SVEN was able to juice enough situational production out of. Before the Majority of Analytics..