• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2022 PGA Tour thread

22 minutes ago, Lou said:

LOL 

JMO.  But the writing was on the wall.  Especially with how the foreign events were going.  This was quickly becoming like F1 and World Cup of Soccer.  Much more popular and lucrative in foreign markets than in the US market.  

Pretty much this agreement is going to create an elite worldwide league.  My guess is, they are going to make this like the Elite Soccer League.  Where the best teams\players flourish, and the bottom teams\players get booted for the best teams in the second league.  So the LIV players will continue, be increased with PGA and DP players.  And the bottom 10-20% each season, will be relegated back to the PGA and DP tours.  Will make the Fed Ex cup and whatever the DP has much more of a must for players, if say the top 5 goes to the Elite tour, which involves more travel, but a less demanding schedule.  

This also kills the PGA's "elevated" events.  They will probably kick that to the curb, and instead make some of the events like the Memorial, Arnold Palmer, and a few others as PGA events big Elite Tour events.  DP will probably kick in a few other tournaments.  And LIV's idea of spreading to areas like Australia and other countries that produce PGA greats will be added.  This probably have limited qualifying in those marquee events, but keep the field small and elite.  

It'll also opens up money to prop up the big 4, instead of each league pouring money into their own big tournaments.  

Oh, and it gives the Saudi Fund a big say, so that all those that boycotted can quit golf.

23 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

JMO.  But the writing was on the wall.  Especially with how the foreign events were going.  This was quickly becoming like F1 and World Cup of Soccer.  Much more popular and lucrative in foreign markets than in the US market.  

Pretty much this agreement is going to create an elite worldwide league.  My guess is, they are going to make this like the Elite Soccer League.  Where the best teams\players flourish, and the bottom teams\players get booted for the best teams in the second league.  So the LIV players will continue, be increased with PGA and DP players.  And the bottom 10-20% each season, will be relegated back to the PGA and DP tours.  Will make the Fed Ex cup and whatever the DP has much more of a must for players, if say the top 5 goes to the Elite tour, which involves more travel, but a less demanding schedule.  

This also kills the PGA's "elevated" events.  They will probably kick that to the curb, and instead make some of the events like the Memorial, Arnold Palmer, and a few others as PGA events big Elite Tour events.  DP will probably kick in a few other tournaments.  And LIV's idea of spreading to areas like Australia and other countries that produce PGA greats will be added.  This probably have limited qualifying in those marquee events, but keep the field small and elite.  

It'll also opens up money to prop up the big 4, instead of each league pouring money into their own big tournaments.  

Oh, and it gives the Saudi Fund a big say, so that all those that boycotted can quit golf.

So in your scenario the PGA Tour is now the minor leagues? Fuck that. 

In the PGA Tour, LIV Golf battle the money won. Morality was always secondary

That’s the challenge we all must reckon with Tuesday as the PGA Tour (and DP World Tour) shocked the world and announced a merger with LIV Golf. More honestly, the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia bought the PGA Tour, pouring billions of dollars into it with the governor of the PIF, Yassir Al-Rumayyan, serving as chairman of the joint venture. Monahan will be CEO.

I’m sure the more outspoken guys of the PGA tour, like Rory and Tiger are just tickled by this news.  Not sure of the intangibles of the agreement, but all I know is the Ryder Cup just got a hell of a lot more interesting and competitive.

interesting development from right out of the blue. 

i wonder what happens to all of those gargantuan contracts LIV players signed to bolt the pga/dp tours?

there's a reapply process after the current '23 season ends. 

i'm a bit unclear on how there will be this new tour plus they'll still have the pga tour. 

58 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

I’m sure the more outspoken guys of the PGA tour, like Rory and Tiger are just tickled by this news.  Not sure of the intangibles of the agreement, but all I know is the Ryder Cup just got a hell of a lot more interesting and competitive.

The more I'm hearing about it the PGA really fucked over guys like Rory and Tiger that turned down the big check, stuck by the PGA, and then just got railroaded by them. 

1 hour ago, PattyD22 said:

I'm just surprised that none of the players seemed to have been consulted.  And that they were able to keep it quiet.  Actually, I'm not surprised the players have been consulted, they are independent contractors.  But still bad form that the biggies weren't in the loop.  Then again, maybe they were.  We've heard nothing from Rory or Tiger.  And really no one from LIV, player wise broke it either, so they may have been in the dark also.  

Also, something that isn't really talked about, since it's just LIV, DP and PGA.  But the other tour, the Asian tour is owned by the Saudi fund.  So pretty much all of mens golf worldwide is now under one umbrella.  There were also talks, or I should say rumors, that LIV was going to do a womens tour also.  And that they were talking with the LPGA to join forces.  In the end, you could have all of pro golf under one group.