• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2022 PGA Tour thread

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

You're doing the Blarg thing where you don't quote your response. 

That still doesn't answer my question. I have nothing against players like Brooks or DJ collecting those checks. My question was about people being pro LIV as a league. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

I have no idea why other people think the way they do. 

Yet you replied to a post I made to Patty that made mention of you. You added nothing to the conversation which proves my point that pro LIV people are just contrarian.

19 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Yeah, that’s it.

It has nothing to do with money.  Nah.

Or maybe I missed the point.

You did, but I applaud your continued disdain for LIV. Why grown men care about what others do is baffling.

And it’s always been about money. Doesn’t make them bad people. Most people would gladly take a pay raise.

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

You did, but I applaud your continued disdain for LIV. Why grown men care about what others do is baffling.

And it’s always been about money. Doesn’t make them bad people. Most people would gladly take a pay raise.

People can have a different opinion.  It’s OK.  I don’t give 2 shits about what others do.  It’s their right, and they took it.

My disdain isn’t for LIV.  My disdain is for the guys who “claim” they didn’t know the consequences of their action.  How they were “blindsided” by the repercussions.  That’s just flat out bullshit.

But I always give credit where credit is due.  Koepka played great and was a deserving champion.  He made the most out of the opportunity he had.  He may get the opportunity to play on the Ryder Cup team now.  If that happens, I will root for him.  I’ve never said anyone was a bad person, except maybe Greg Norman.

On 5/21/2023 at 2:53 PM, Blarg said:

All of the twitter club pros think their local course plays the same as this course and they could shoot par 4 rounds in a row. In reality they would be carding high 80's scores even if they were scratch golfers.

Here is an example. Joel Dahmen’s caddie, Geno Bonnalie, played Oak Hill today and shot 85 (he’s a scratch golfer) and he caddied the entire week so he knows the course as well as anyone.

caddie.jpg

3 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

People can have a different opinion.  It’s OK.  I don’t give 2 shits about what others do.  It’s their right, and they took it.

My disdain isn’t for LIV.  My disdain is for the guys who “claim” they didn’t know the consequences of their action.  How they were “blindsided” by the repercussions.  That’s just flat out bullshit.

But I always give credit where credit is due.  Koepka played great and was a deserving champion.  He made the most out of the opportunity he had.  He may get the opportunity to play on the Ryder Cup team now.  If that happens, I will root for him.  I’ve never said anyone was a bad person, except maybe Greg Norman.

No, that's the narrative that needs to stop and what PGA heads created. They knew exactly what they were signing up for. And this is where we probably disagree, but I don't like that they are ostracized. It's literally capitalism, and guess what, the PGA players benefited!! You know how much money they make now because of LIV?

It's been funny to me how they were the villian and now people are making more money and guys like Rory are saying we should come together after talking shit.

I think the "blindsided" narrative is exaggerated. I never saw that. All I saw was that they wanted points and to be able to be in the rankings, which is fair....and proven in the last two majors.

8 hours ago, Lou said:

What's ridiculous is that the PGA now make more money, yet those that miss the cut still get nothing. Why not kick them down a few grand each? 

I could get my head around something like this.  I’m sure the players would also.

17 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Yeah, it's bullshit and players should have some sort of labor protections. The only payouts for missing the cut are for majors. 

I think, thanks to LIV, that the elevated tournaments payout even if you miss the cut.  It's not much, but at least its enough that it pays for the hotel, rental, and air fare.  

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

I think, thanks to LIV, that the elevated tournaments payout even if you miss the cut.  It's not much, but at least its enough that it pays for the hotel, rental, and air fare.  

it seems like a minimum of $2500 per player per tournament is a reasonable amount. 

do players have to pay an entrance fee to play in a tournament? is that still a thing? if so, put an end to that immediately. the sponsors are kicking in more than enough money to cover this.

at 47, he caught lightning in a bottle last week. if anyone is expecting a similar result this week, they're in for a big surprise. 

that being said, i hope he rides this wave as long as possible. it's an incredible story, better than anything hollywood could have come up with.