• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Something to consider going forward in regards to the Closer position;

1. Silseth, do you decide to convert him into your Closer? the inability to maintain his Velo and control lowers his upside. But that mid to 90s heater for a inning, plus the filthy slider and a slider could dominate in the Closer role.

2. Murphy, is this is role to grab now? he's shown dominating numbers in the minor. But has zero MLB experience.

3. Rodriguez, do you slowly bring in Rodriguez next year as the closer??

45 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

1. Silseth, do you decide to convert him into your Closer? the inability to maintain his Velo and control lowers his upside. But that mid to 90s heater for a inning, plus the filthy slider and a slider could dominate in the Closer role.

2. Murphy, is this is role to grab now? he's shown dominating numbers in the minor. But has zero MLB experience.

Hasnt Bachman also been floated for potential as a closer? 

10 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

You keep guys starters for as long as they can be healthy and effective. Silseth dominated the minors in one year. There's enough there for some measure of success in the major leagues. 

Chris Rodriguez was utterly impressive when the Angels stretched him out as a starter last year in the minor leagues before this shoulder issue popped up. 

I think the same can be said for his like Sam Bachman and Ky Bush. Scouts might project them as relievers, but these guys are successful as starters. 

The one guy you bring up that I'd make the move on immediately is Murphy. He goes from being Vandy's closer on the best college team in the country, to shoving in AA in one year. With relievers being as volatile as they are, don't bother trying to "develop" him more and just promote the kid and reap the rewards. 

The same good with Austin Warren.  He's doing great in AAA, and has the stuff. Give him more outings in the majors leagues and allow things to normalize and I think he'll be solid in middle relief. Basically, give him the same leash they gave Wants this year to iron things out. 

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Weird that they promoted Seminaris to AAA before some of the other guys - Murphy, Erla, Crow, Bush, etc.

I think Seminaris is much more polished than those guys. Ceiling isn't as high, but he's closer to playing at his acceptable MLB-floor now (IMO) than those guys are and it wouldn't surprise me if we saw him hit the bigs this year even. 

You'd have to think Davis Daniel, already on the 40-man, will get a shot sometime next two months too?

25 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I think Seminaris is much more polished than those guys. Ceiling isn't as high, but he's closer to playing at his acceptable MLB-floor now (IMO) than those guys are and it wouldn't surprise me if we saw him hit the bigs this year even. 

You'd have to think Davis Daniel, already on the 40-man, will get a shot sometime next two months too?

Makes sense.

I originally thought we'd start seeing some of those AA guys in the majors, but I think at most a few will be September call-ups, and that they'll get a longer look in Spring Training, most heading to Salt Lake as extended depth.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Murphy and maybe Torres sooner than later. But Bachman and Erla still need more minor league innings, and Crow and Bush would probably benefit from a bit more seasoning.

Edited by Angelsjunky

5 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Weird that they promoted Seminaris to AAA before some of the other guys - Murphy, Erla, Crow, Bush, etc.

It seems like they've kept the guys with better pure stuff at AA while they've pushed the guys who are performing well with lesser stuff to AAA.

Seminaris fits in the latter group, similar to guys like Daniel, Diaz, Rosenberg. Whereas Silseth fit into the former group with guys like Bachman, Bush, Erla, and Crow. Although they finally moved Silseth to AAA (after he gotten a handful of MLB starts)

Edit: well, now Silseth is back to AA. lol