• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

21 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Latest on Ben Joyce pitching this season?

I wouldn't expect him to pitch much at all. Throwing 101-105 likely puts him at greater risk of injury than someone in the low 90's, he's already coming off TJ surgery and while he's a reliever right now, he and the organization are likely to give starting a try at some point, but that's only if he's healthy. He's thrown 32 innings so far.

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

I wouldn't expect him to pitch much at all. Throwing 101-105 likely puts him at greater risk of injury than someone in the low 90's, he's already coming off TJ surgery and while he's a reliever right now, he and the organization are likely to give starting a try at some point, but that's only if he's healthy. He's thrown 32 innings so far.

I’d be fine if they spent the rest of this year letting him work on his slider and change, maybe get a few sim games in. 

4 hours ago, Second Base said:

I'm one of those. I don't think that debate is settled by one at bat in A ball. 

Yeah but the big issue was that he needed some crazy leg kick to generate power.  clearly he doesn't.  

I agree it's not settled but that bat speed is highly encouraging.  

I'm going full optimism on every prospect until I get like a year's worth of proof otherwise.  

Especially guys younger than their level.  And guys in shitty parks.  

15 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

Paris has been coming around btw.  It's subtle but over the last month there's been fewer K's.  He still walks a ton.  

He's still almost 3 years younger than the A+ competition.  

@Inside Pitch - can we get some park data on this?  I can't find it.  

Low-A West

Runs Home Runs BABIP
Team Org PF Mult PF Mult PF Mult
Fresno COL 116 1.078 145 1.223 97 0.987
Inland Empire LAA 97 0.987 87 0.933 106 1.030
Lake Elsinore SD 99 0.993 65 0.826 99 0.997
Modesto SEA 91 0.957 69 0.845 104 1.020
Rancho Cucamonga LAD 105 1.026 115 1.075 98 0.992
San Jose SF 98 0.990 77 0.887 102 1.011
Stockton OAK 99 0.993 160 1.301 90 0.952
Visalia ARI 100 1.000 109 1.046 104 1.021