• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

6 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

I literally know nothing about any of the DOSL guys.  

In the past it was a pitcher's haven.  But there are some impressive offensive performances going on.  Rada, Torres, De Jesus, Some guy named Manon.  Another guy named Ramon Ramirez.  And a guy named Dario Laverde who's 160 pounds and behind the dish with more walks than k's with 5 triples and 8 stolen bases.  He's also thrown out 40% of runners.  

Craig Biggio nods head in approval.

17 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'd honestly consider Quero a 50 FV prospect at this point.

Fangraphs has him at 40+, unchanged since last November. The fact that it hasn't increased shows that they aren't paying attention. He's a 19-year old catcher hitting .327/.422/.495 in A ball -- in 346 PA!--for chrissakes.

If he was a Yankee he'd be a top 50 prospect.

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'd honestly consider Quero a 50 FV prospect at this point.

Fangraphs has him at 40+, unchanged since last November. The fact that it hasn't increased shows that they aren't paying attention. He's a 19-year old catcher hitting .327/.422/.495 in A ball -- in 346 PA!--for chrissakes.

The 10 SBs so far this season really caught me by surprise.

For awhile, Soriano and Suarez were paired as prospects, with Soriano generally getting the edge by most.

If his arm holds, he's the type of guy that could burn up through the minors and be in the bullpen sometime next year. If they convert Bachman and Joyce can learn to throw strikes, that's a nice trio of flame-throwers to have in the pen.

12 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

For awhile, Soriano and Suarez were paired as prospects, with Soriano generally getting the edge by most.

If his arm holds, he's the type of guy that could burn up through the minors and be in the bullpen sometime next year. If they convert Bachman and Joyce can learn to throw strikes, that's a nice trio of flame-throwers to have in the pen.

Sure does make trading Iglesias more sensible…

Soriano has pitched in A ball.  There's no chance we're going to see him in the bigs any time soon I suspect.  He's walked 5.1 per 9  in his minor league career.  I suspect the only reason that Pitt took him was because he was coming off surg and they thought they could hide him for a year and them keep him in the minors while he rehabbed.  It was kind of a dirty pool way to steal a prospect from someone.  They had no intention of having him pitch in the majors.  

Now that he's pitching and 'healthy',  my guess is that he'll get some A+ innings later this year and that's about it.  I really doubt he needs to be protected.  Minor league sure.  but not 40 man.  He's likely the rest of this year plus all of next year before he sniffs mlb.  He had a fair amount of rawness to him before and hasn't really pitched in two and a half years.   

4 hours ago, Trendon said:

The thing with Soriano is that he’s again Rule 5 eligible, and he already got taken once.

So do the Angels protect him this time or does he get picked again?

There are enough useless pieces on the 40 man that you could use Soriano, particularly if he's trending toward the Angels bullpen next year. 

4 hours ago, Trendon said:

The thing with Soriano is that he’s again Rule 5 eligible, and he already got taken once.

So do the Angels protect him this time or does he get picked again?

The difference is he's actually throwing this time, and they have recently seen how a pitcher with plus stuff and no experience above high A can make the jump to MLB after not pitching at all in competitive games.  Those facts may factor into the final decision.

34 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

The difference is he's actually throwing this time, and they have recently seen how a pitcher with plus stuff and no experience above high A can make the jump to MLB after not pitching at all in competitive games.  Those facts may factor into the final decision.

Obviously there’s still a couple months left in the season, so how he fares during that time is gonna have a major impact on their decision.

8 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Obviously there’s still a couple months left in the season, so how he fares during that time is gonna have a major impact on their decision.

Different set of eyes this time around too.  Personally, I agree with others that there are other guys they could easily leave off the 40 man.  The was AAA is mostly made up of guys signed the previous winter, no reason not to hold on to anything resembling actual talent.  

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Different set of eyes this time around too.  Personally, I agree with others that there are other guys they could easily leave off the 40 man.  The was AAA is mostly made up of guys signed the previous winter, no reason not to hold on to anything resembling actual talent.  

If he’s healthy and has some command, I’m easily putting Soriano on the 40 over soft tossing lefties like Diaz or Rosenberg.

You can get guys like the latter for cheap, and the Angels did just that by getting Diaz as a MiLB free agent and Rosenberg as a MiLB R5 pick.