• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

6 hours ago, mmc said:

Time to promote him to AAA?

I guess it depends on how his work behind the plate is progressing, and that he’s only been in 37 minor league games.

Being undrafted plus CoVid wiping out 2020 season messed up his progression.   But it’s still remarkable that he’s doing this in AA so soon, after being undrafted.

Edit: CoVid delayed his college career ending, as he was drafted in 26th round in 2019, but chose to return for senior season which was delayed to 2021, and then he was undrafted.

In review, Halos scout uncovered a possible clean peanut?

Edited by Angel Oracle

58 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Time to promote him to AAA?

I guess it depends on how his work behind the plate is progressing, and that he’s only been in 37 minor league games.

Being undrafted plus CoVid wiping out 2020 season messed up his progression.   But it’s still remarkable that he’s doing this in AA so soon, after being undrafted.

Edit: CoVid delayed his college career ending, as he was drafted in 26th round in 2019, but chose to return for senior season which was delayed to 2021, and then he was undrafted.

In review, Halos scout uncovered a possible clean peanut?

I don't know of a resource to check this, but I have a feeling there is going to be a larger group of 'clean peanuts' or udfa's that work out for a couple reasons.  First, the 2020 draft was only 5 rounds which I'm sure had a trickle down effect on both UDFA and the 2021 draft.  And then it'll continue in general at a higher rate than it used to because of the draft now being 20 rounds.  

29 minutes ago, mmc said:

Seems like this farm is very thin at the corner infield spots, who would you guys say are our highest upside prospects there?

McKinnon at 1B is pretty much ready, but with Walsh and Ohtani holding down 1B and DH, limited playing time exists for him.   If only he could play another position or two.

3B is a ways away, although if Fletcher rediscovers his hitting upon returning and being healthy, Rengifo could spell Rendon at 3B.   The only potential prospects are a ways away in the lower minors.

10 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I figured that might be the case where it's just normal progression from guys with talent and we're getting to see it.  

No better teacher than experience.  The lockdown hurt young guys on every team all across the minors.

The funny thing is that even now a lot of those guys showing improvement are young for their leagues.   Take Jackson, he's 22, been around since 2018, and he's 2.4 years younger than his AA competition.  If he was coming out of the draft last year everyone would be thrilled he was "already in AA".  Instead people likely think he's a bust.  Meanwhile, Wil Wilson taken 15th overall and a couple months away from turning 24 is similarly in AA.

They system was just super young.

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

No better teacher than experience.  The lockdown hurt young guys on every team all across the minors.

The funny thing is that even now a lot of those guys showing improvement are young for their leagues.   Take Jackson, he's 22, been around since 2018, and he's 2.4 years younger than his AA competition.  If he was coming out of the draft last year everyone would be thrilled he was "already in AA".  Instead people likely think he's a bust.  Meanwhile, Wil Wilson taken 15th overall and a couple months away from turning 24 is similarly in AA.

They system was just super young.

oh what a surprise.  Wilson hit the A+ to AA college  player stall.  I used to get excited about these guys who were a year or two older than the league average and then wonder what happened a couple years later when they were playing age appropriate talent.  For me it's one of the most important and underappreciated aspects of trying to gauge minor league talent from afar.  

12 minutes ago, stormthetrooper said:

For the people that follow up the Bees with some constancy, why Stefanic did not get a call yet? We clearly have an open spot at 2B for the grabs and his slashlines are so gaudy. His defense did not felt bad at ST either.

Needs a 40 man spot

11 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Anyone have specific info on what they're doing on the development side for hitters?  Maybe I'm just being overly hopeful but it seems there are more guys making strides on a regular than I remember from years passed.  

Really? I can see it with some of the older, fringy guys: MacKinnon, Stefanic, Cabbage, Humphreys, etc. But I remain a bit disappointed in the younger, "name" prospects, with only Knowles, Placencia, and Blakely seemingly making noticeable strides. Quero is holding his own, I guess, but Adams continues to stagnate, Jackson has been hurt, and Paris, Vera, Rodriguez, Calabrese, Bonilla, Deveaux etc are all struggling.