• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

While he doesn't really have a place to play on our squad, given he is solely a 1B, MacKinnon is posting some pretty awesome stats in AAA - OPS over 1.000, but very notably, fantastic plate discipline (14.5% BB rate, 13.8% K rate).  Anytime I see someone trending roughly 1:1 in BB%:K% or even better, that's fairly noteworthy.

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

While he doesn't really have a place to play on our squad, given he is solely a 1B, MacKinnon is posting some pretty awesome stats in AAA - OPS over 1.000, but very notably, fantastic plate discipline (14.5% BB rate, 13.8% K rate).  Anytime I see someone trending roughly 1:1 in BB%:K% or even better, that's fairly noteworthy.

Would rather have him platoon at 1B than Matt (EAT A HAMBURGER DUDE) Duffy. Dude is a weak option on the roster IMO. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Would rather have him platoon at 1B than Matt (EAT A HAMBURGER DUDE) Duffy. Dude is a weak option on the roster IMO. 

This, only a .250 SLG% in 53 PAs

He used to have more gap power than this (only one XBH).

McKinnon has always hit in the minors.   Don’t know if it’s SLC induced, but his doubles machine before 2022 has become HRs/doubles machine.

He always had good plate discipline too (career .410 OBP).

Fielding wise, he did get one start at 2B in 2021, 9 TC’s with 1 error.

Any knowledge as to if he’s got enough of a arm and athleticism to play a little OF and a little 2B?

He’s also an option to give Ohtani occasional days off from DHing.

Edited by Angel Oracle

27 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

This, only a .250 SLG% in 53 PAs

He used to have more gap power than this (only one XBH).

McKinnon has always hit in the minors.   Don’t know if it’s SLC induced, but his doubles machine before 2022 has become HRs/doubles machine.

He always had good plate discipline too (career .410 OBP).

Fielding wise, he did get one start at 2B in 2021, 9 TC’s with 1 error.

Any knowledge as to if he’s got enough of a arm and athleticism to play a little OF and a little 2B?

He’s also an option to give Ohtani occasional days off from DHing.

I've watched him play a little, and I think Thaiss makes a more ideal 2B than he does, if that says anything (Thaiss is not an ideal 2B). 

Rengifo is getting it done at 2B and it'll be interesting to see Fletcher healthy again. Honestly, I think he's been playing hurt for a while, but he's such a dirt dog he never told anyone. At least that's what the numbers scream out. 

And give Duffy time. He's a proven professional hitter and will get his timing back. I don't think he's a starter, but he'll make a decent platoon player and pinch hitter. 

2 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

The best part about this move is now we’ll be able to see footage of his starts pretty frequently

Hope Seminaris follows soon, he was not activated off the development list today, even though Tri-City activated everyone else off there today.

When he drafted, I was really excited. He has the potential to develop two plus pitches in his Change (which is filithy and his curve) and some also beleived with a few changes in his mechanics (mostly using his lower body) his velo could increase. Overall I think he slides in right next to Davis/ barria type of starters. 

1 hour ago, mmc said:

Hope Seminaris follows soon, he was not activated off the development list today, even though Tri-City activated everyone else off there today.

Notably, there are 5 guys in the AA rotation now that seemingly hold varying degrees of future MLB promise - Bachman, Bush, Kerry, Crow, Olthoff.  AA games will be worth watching at a daily basis.

Given they're all in AA already, it's likely not long before we see a few of them follow Silseth's footsteps in the MLB (although perhaps 2023 is a more realistic timeline).  Pretty neat to see our farm system start pumping out solid SP prospects.

On 5/21/2022 at 4:19 PM, Inside Pitch said:

They made no mention of his submarine.  MLB.com is getting lazy/slipping.

sweet. i wish i had my own submarine.

i also want a helicopter, but i'll save that for another thread.