• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

8 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Look above you, silly goose.

Although fielding grounders doesn't mean anything. Need to know how he's fielding liners and fly balls.

Thought those were more hitting videos as I rushed past them. 

And I fancy myself as more of a crouching Tiger than a silly goose.

2 hours ago, mmc said:

Kean Wong is hitting .319 for Salt Lake.  Anyone still believe in him, I know he had a few after his hot start last year

Wong is about the 317th-ranked guy in the Angels' minor league system at this point.  They have like 8 guys who are the same/better as him.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

his disappearing fastball doesn't disappear at altitude.  I'm still on the fence about whether he'll be effective in mlb.  

I see him, for now, as perhaps an up-and-down type SP.  I do think it's telling that Silseth leapfrogged a number of guys and got promoted when he did.  Says a lot about him for sure, but probably also says something about some of the guys he passed up, too.

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

He has 11 xbh and 8 walks in 31 at bats.   Video game numbers.  All he needs to do is just not suck out there on defense.  Give the guy a break.  I know we want him to be something he's not.  But how bout if he just ends up really good?

Unfortunately, he has somewhat of an issue is in that, who would he displace?

Trout, Ward, and Ohtani should be playing daily.  The only opportunity would be to have him as the weak side of a platoon with Marsh, but Marsh should be starting against lefties and is also a clearly superior defender.  It would be a disservice to Adell to have him sit on the bench and get 2-3 starts a week, but that's kind of the situation he'd be in now, simply due to the strength of our OF and the fact that we have a full-time DH.

Adell serves as a really good insurance policy if/when someone gets hurt, but he's kind of stuck at the moment.

On 5/14/2022 at 8:08 AM, Inside Pitch said:

One thing I have heard is that the Angels are doing a lot more work in their own back yard. For whatever reasons the Angels have historically not been big players locally.  Weird considering the sheer number of guys that come out of SoCal and the success they DID have with local HS guys like Edmonds and GA.

Ive always been kind of baffled by that, too. Theres so much baseball in SoCal, but we never seem to be big players here.

4 minutes ago, mmc said:

The Angels placed a number of players from Tri-City on the development list today for some reason:

Kyren Paris

Adam Seminaris

Jake Smith

Dakota Donovan

Steven Rivas

Landon Marceaux

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Makes no sense with Seminaris, been dominating A+ hitters.

Yeah, very strange, especially if what this article says about the development list is true:

https://www.thecubreporter.com/development-list-minor-leagues-only

"With approval of the MLB Commissioner, a player on a minor league Domestic Reserve List can be placed on the Development List if the player is at the parent organization's Minor League Spring Training Complex or at a club-approved training facility for the purpose(s) of conditioning and/or development.

A player on Optional Assignment from an MLB Reserve List (40-man roster) can be placed onto the Development List of the minor league affiliate to which he has been optioned, but only with consent of the player.  

A player cannot be placed on the Development List for the purpose of injury rehabilitation or disciplinary action."

This Dude did a nice breakdown of Silseth. I do a agreed with him, next step for Silseth is refining his command, His Split change is filithy! and it disappears into righties and away from lefties, that slider does the opposite. With better command and refinement those strike numbers are going to climb and he's going to be a beast! 

He also did a nice break down of Sandoval's change, that pitch is filithy and could be the best change in the game at the moment. 

4 hours ago, mmc said:

The Angels placed a number of players from Tri-City on the development list today for some reason

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, very strange, especially if what this article says about the development list is true:

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Wonder if this is the new covid list...

The reason is actually pretty clear if you put two and two together: Tri-City is playing a series in Vancouver (Canada) this week and Canada has a vaccine mandate (or something of the sort) for people entering from out of the country.