• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

3 hours ago, mmc said:

It's early, but Brendon Davis is not off to a good start.  Hitting only .216 for the Bees, and his BABIP isn't much higher.  Drawing more walks though.

His BB% is up and K% is down, which are positive signs.  The slash line isn't good, but it's not uncommon to see players take a step backward, then two steps forward.  Perhaps they are having him focus on being more selective and improving contact.  Then, once that aspect improves, perhaps the slash line will improve along with it.

32 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

His BB% is up and K% is down, which are positive signs.  The slash line isn't good, but it's not uncommon to see players take a step backward, then two steps forward.  Perhaps they are having him focus on being more selective and improving contact.  Then, once that aspect improves, perhaps the slash line will improve along with it.

Brendon Davis had a poor April but he's doing much better in May slashing .276/.364/.621 with 3 HR 4 BB, 4 K.

This isn’t new, but Davis is also playing all over the field. Trying to play all those positions, play them well, learn them to a point where they can trust him defensively in the bigs, and hit as well as he did last year is a lot. Any worry is premature at this point. 

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Davis is a couple hard swats away from being more like he was last year than what he was previous to that.  Right now he's somewhere in between.  And will probably end up somewhere worse than last year but better than previous.  

calculating the hangover GIF

I'd take Davis over Adell any day. They're both similar players in terms of athleticism, power/speed but also have some swing and miss in their game.

The one thing that separates the two besides the 1st round and prospect status that Adell has over Davis is that Brendon Davis can the infield and outfield and from what I've been told by someone who works for the Bees, Davis is the much better defender of the two in the outfield. 

Since Maddon loves players who can play multiple positions and Davis can play 2B, SS, 3B and all three OF spots, Brendon may have a place on this team while Adell could be trade bait if he starts crushing it in AAA and improves his D. 

36 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Are there any rankings you would strongly disagree with from his list?

The fact that he ranked Silseth 22nd and he just posted the list now, yeah. If I were to release a new updated list when Tims dropped his, Silseth is a top-5 guy for me easily. He may be better than Bachman. I also don't know why he's always high on Jordyn Adams. Aside from his athletic ability he still needs to put it altogether over an entire season and stay healthy. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

The fact that he ranked Silseth 22nd and he just posted the list now, yeah. If I were to release a new updated list when Tims dropped his, Silseth is a top-5 guy for me easily. He may be better than Bachman. I also don't know why he's always high on Jordyn Adams. Aside from his athletic ability he still needs to put it altogether over an entire season and stay healthy. 

Agreed with both of these points. Adams immediately jumped out to me - it would be nice if he plays well enough to justify that ranking this year though.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'd take Davis over Adell any day. They're both similar players in terms of athleticism, power/speed but also have some swing and miss in their game.

The one thing that separates the two besides the 1st round and prospect status that Adell has over Davis is that Brendon Davis can the infield and outfield and from what I've been told by someone who works for the Bees, Davis is the much better defender of the two in the outfield. 

Since Maddon loves players who can play multiple positions and Davis can play 2B, SS, 3B and all three OF spots, Brendon may have a place on this team while Adell could be trade bait if he starts crushing it in AAA and improves his D. 

Adell certainly has more upside than Davis, but upside does not make for a better player long-term.  There are certain skills that are more easily taught than others.  I could be wrong, but I think pitch recognition and selection is a fairly hard skill to improve when you're rather bad at it.  Adell is incredibly athletically gifted, but his plate discipline has been awful.  As I mentioned, he has a lot of time to rectify things, but at this point, I would argue that Davis is closer to being MLB ready than Adell is.

Not related to Adell, but it was interesting to see Davis added to the 40-man roster this offseason while Stefanic was not.  It suggests that the FO thinks more highly of Davis' future and utility than Stefanic.

Regarding timms list and after reading it, it looks most of the scouting reports on our guys where done last year hence the ranking. there are guys that have certainly climb the rankings. Personally My top would be;

1. Bachman

2. Silseth

3. Bush

4. Jackson

5. Adams

6. Stefanic 

7.Daniels

47 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

He may be posting it now but if you read the actual list, it was clearly written PRIOR to the season.  

For those who have seen Silseth pitch last year vs this year - what discernible differences are there that have led to the outstanding statline performance we have seen thus far this year?  Does he really project as a solid mid-rotation pitcher now?  He was previously projected as a SP5-type pitcher as of last year.

2 hours ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Are there any rankings you would strongly disagree with from his list?

I don’t know nearly enough about prospects (only really started following heavily a couple years ago) to really say

40 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Regarding timms list and after reading it, it looks most of the scouting reports on our guys where done last year hence the ranking. there are guys that have certainly climb the rankings. Personally My top would be;

1. Bachman

2. Silseth

3. Bush

4. Jackson

5. Adams

6. Stefanic 

7.Daniels

AW has our favorite prospects that we tend to hype up and focus on more, but I wouldn't be fooled into considering that any sort of top prospect list. We all love Stefanic, but I'm not sure many people here would rank him 6th ahead of other guys (maybe I'm wrong). 

31 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

For those who have seen Silseth pitch last year vs this year - what discernible differences are there that have led to the outstanding statline performance we have seen thus far this year?  Does he really project as a solid mid-rotation pitcher now?  He was previously projected as a SP5-type pitcher as of last year.

The question with him was always the secondary pitches/control.   

There are a ton of guys like Silseth, big arms who could break out if only ___________ or ___________ happens.  The guys that do turn into Garret Richards, the ones that don't become Mark Sappington/Austin Wood.

Another guy who is having a good year is Robinson Pina. From what I gather, after a couple starts they're putting him in the bullpen. 1.93 ERA in 18.2 IP, 26 Ks, only 9 hits - but 7 walks. I still see him as a major league reliever, maybe as soon as next year.