• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

6 minutes ago, mmc said:

Anyone know anything about Jake Palomaki?  Signed as a minor league free agent shortly after the season started, seems to be hitting the ball pretty well in SL at SS and 2B.

not to be a jerk, but Wade has much better minor league numbers.  

18 hours ago, mmc said:

Anyone know anything about Jake Palomaki?  Signed as a minor league free agent shortly after the season started, seems to be hitting the ball pretty well in SL at SS and 2B.

Below average numbers in AA with the Rays last season and he got released before the season.

His wRC+ (102) is barely above 100.

He has also made a ton of errors (5) in a limited sample of games at SS (15).

2 hours ago, mmc said:

@AngelsjunkyI believe it's you who constantly references this chart

The biggest thing to take away from this is that the Angels currently have 50 guys ranked as 35+ FVs.   It's a numbers game and upping that number from 41 or whatever it was to 50 is nice -- they can worry about seeing the actual FV grades rise by the end of the year.

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

The biggest thing to take away from this is that the Angels currently have 50 guys ranked as 35+ FVs.   It's a numbers game and upping that number from 41 or whatever it was to 50 is nice -- they can worry about seeing the actual FV grades rise by the end of the year.

Is that a lot? 

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Is that a lot? 

There are only 4 teams with more.**  Pittsburgh (61), TB (59), Boston (51), and LA (51).

The number one ranked farm system in MLB going into the season had 31, and they have graduated 3 of them.

Anyway -- the more you have, the more chances you have to see someone break out.

**four teams had not been ranked yet

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I only see 42. Am I missing something?

4 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I only see 42. Am I missing something?

No, you're not. 

I saw it earlier today and the bottom guy was rated 50th, I always go bottom up with the FV list..  Maybe they had doubled some guys up while re-ranking and had not removed some... Or I just read the wrong column and I should have looked at the list more closely.