• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

1 minute ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

So, does jackson have a shot in the majors with lack of production at 2nd and ss this season?

Probably not this year but absolutely next year. Let's see him do this for another month or 3.

If he keeps destroying the ball then he'll kinda force the Angels' hand. Not like it matters this season anyway. 

Jackson has great power, good range and arm, and does take a decent/solid number of BBs.

Two main things are cutting down on errors at SS and cutting down the Ks.

So far this season, has improved on the Ks (16 in 62 PAs).

2/3 of his in the field starts so far in his career are at SS.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I'd really like to see David MacKinnon get a chance - he's just killing the ball (.327/.423/.633) in AAA, has great plate discipline (14.2 BB%), but...is 27 and plays 1B, and only 1B (he did play one game at 2B in 2021).

Still, could be a nice bench guy, and maybe brought in to spell Walsh and Shohei later in games. 

4 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'd really like to see David MacKinnon get a chance - he's just killing the ball (.327/.423/.633) in AAA, has great plate discipline (14.2 BB%), but...is 27 and plays 1B, and only 1B (he did play one game at 2B in 2021).

Still, could be a nice bench guy, and maybe brought in to spell Walsh and Shohei later in games. 

See? My power can be used for good, too.

Well, some good news.

With another HR, Jeremiah Jackson is now hitting .297/.366/.656 in 18 games.

Ky Bush had another strong start (6 IP, 0 ER, 3 BB, 5 Ks) and how has a 2.47 ERA in 58.1 IP, with 15 walks and 55 Ks. I suspect we'll see him at some point.

A-ball Inland Empire scored 13 runs without any HR, with 2 hits each from Placencia, Vera, and Arocho, 3 hits each from Blakely and Ramirez, and 4 hits from minor league vet, BJ Boyd.

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Jo Adell's hitting .198/.306/.495 in Salt Lake. 33 Ks in 24 games. Maybe he puts it all together eventually, but he's really quite a disappointment. 

I think it might be mental. He has nowhere to play so it doesn't even matter what he does right now. 

12 minutes ago, Lou said:

He's not blocked. He just sucks. 

So it doesn't matter? I'm confused. 

If he was hitting .400 right now he wouldn't be on the team. He's not going to be a 4th outfielder. And no, Ward isn't losing his spot anytime soon. 

The only chance Adell has is if someone gets hurt, and even then the team throws Lageres out there over him.

It might largely be mental, but that's a huge aspect of the game, and sometimes the hardest thing to shift. 

My concern with Jo is that while I keep hearing he's a hard worker, it doesn't seem to translate, so it makes me wonder if he either works hard but not smartly or productively, or he holds onto some kind of pride that prevents him from directly addressing his issues. He seems like a classic case of a guy who rode on his natural talent through the low minors, but then hit the high minors and majors, and at that point, natural talent isn't enough. Players with half the talent of Jo often have more successful major league careers.

He was very successful at AAA last year. And while he's striking out a ton and has a terrible average he still has an .801 OPS this year. Not exactly great for the environment but not bad either.

He was called up too soon. I think most would agree with that.

He may just be a dude that puts it all together when he's 26-27. Not everyone kills it before age 24.

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

He was very successful at AAA last year. And while he's striking out a ton and has a terrible average he still has an .801 OPS this year. Not exactly great for the environment but not bad either.

He was called up too soon. I think most would agree with that.

He may just be a dude that puts it all together when he's 26-27. Not everyone kills it before age 24.

Yeah, that could be true. But it is a big fall from being the top prospect-to-star that we hoped for.

And of course by then, he'll hopefully have competition from guys likes Alexander Ramirez, Nelson Rada, and Randy DeJesus.