• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Which one would you rather see in person

Tank

I have seen a lot of things in person in my lifetime of watching baseball, but I have never been present during a no-hitter. The closest that I have come was a pitcher for the Oklahoma City 89ers taking one into the top of the eighth and losing it with one out in the inning. That was more than a few years ago, because the team has changed names twice and ballparks once since then.

Being at Jered Weaver's no hitter was one of the best baseball experiences I've ever had.  It was special because of who he is and what he has meant to the Angels.

I'd be happier to see either, but like others have said - it depends on who is accomplishing the feat.

No contest, a  perfect game. A perfect game even far surpasses a no hitter because there is no margin of error from anyone in the field as well as the pitcher.

A perfect game involves all nine players on the field. Every single pitch matters. Every defensive chance could be a make or break situation. The tension intensifies dramatically as the game goes on. If the score is close the outcome of the game is also at risk. See Harvey Haddix, 1959 as the ultimate tough luck pitcher. All focus in on the pitcher every pitch of every batter he faces. 

A four homer game is only interesting for the at bats of one player. And there really is no ongoing tension or involvement of team mates. And really, the fourth home run opportunity mostly occurs later in the game. Fans could skip watching most of the game or not pay attention until that at bat comes up. Also there have been way more four homer games than perfect games. 

In this day and age of home run derbies and graphic video games focus on power has been marketed in advertising and selling the sport. Goes back to the bloated steroid era. But pitching is the real craft of the game. Give me 1968 any day.