• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Does Hamilton Even Care

SigBaby

Don't you dare. Don't you DARE think about locking this thread. This could be a masterpiece.

I'm not. I told our Mods a while back to leave this stuff on here and just clean up the mess from trolls or posts that break our COD. 

No more should we waste an entire discussion because of some troll or idiot.

Carry on gents... 

My clusterfack comment was not directed at IP, but others who have acted immaturely in this thread. 

IP brought up something that has zero bearing on this discussion. I don't really see where that is substance.

Gaetti sucked as an Angel, that is all I know about him or care to know. If he wants to blame a religious belief on his sucking that's fine.

My guess is that he couldn't get the same chemical enhancements in Anaheim.

MT, you and I usually are in agreement on things, but I think that IP brought up a very valid point. Someone here, as brain dead as it is, suggested that Hamilton was struggling because of his faith. IP brings up Gaetti who admitted that it was his opinion that that was the reason he struggled I don't understand at all why you have an issue with it. In almost every thread someone will bring up a comparison between one person and the next, it only adds to the conversation, and so did this.

Oh and yes Gaetti was awful as an Angel.

MT, you and I usually are in agreement on things, but I think that IP brought up a very valid point. Someone here, as brain dead as it is, suggested that Hamilton was struggling because of his faith. IP brings up Gaetti who admitted that it was his opinion that that was the reason he struggled I don't understand at all why you have an issue with it. In almost every thread someone will bring up a comparison between one person and the next, it only adds to the conversation, and so did this.

Except Gaetti wasn't a practicing Christian when he made those comments.  He wanted something to blame.  He found it.  It was also more than one person who was arguing the point about blaming his faith. 

To me, comparing Gaetti to Hamilton is as pointless as comparing Joe Blanton to Nolan Ryan.  I mean they are both pitchers for the Angels.

Dude has a weakness that pitchers are exposing and until he stops giving that to him, he'll likely continue to be abused.

It doesn't matter how many times you say this., most people will blame God or PED's for Hamiltons struggles, because both are easy targets.

Josh was exposed last season as a sham, which is why the Rangers didn't make a serious effort to bring him back.

Except Gaetti wasn't a practicing Christian when he made those comments. He wanted something to blame. He found it. It was also more than one person who was arguing the point about blaming his faith.

To me, comparing Gaetti to Hamilton is as pointless as comparing Joe Blanton to Nolan Ryan. I mean they are both pitchers for the Angels.

I guess, but not really. We aren't really talking about performance as much as what is the cause for the performance. I completely understand why IP chose to share that information, because while it has no bearing on Josh, it is the same topic. Also as soon as Blanton has some success, any success, you can compare him to Nolan Ryan, it will be silly but you can do it.

Meh -- it's easy to misinterpret intent.   Gaetti actually turned his life over to Christ some time in 88 and was really into his change of life while with the Angels.  At the time, his faith was brought up as a possible reason for his decline, he pretty much denied it.   Years later I'm talking to Tim Naehring and he tells me how he was going to some event with "Rat" and being an Angels fan I asked him what had happened to him while he was an Angel.  Tim basically passed along a conversation, and essentially said that after he had a relapse he was able to find better balance.   To the best of my knowledge Gaetti remained a Christian.

But yeah, you get it -- I was responding to someone bringing up the subject directly.

It doesn't matter how many times you say this., most people will blame God or PED's for Hamiltons struggles, because both are easy targets.

Josh was exposed last season as a sham, which is why the Rangers didn't make a serious effort to bring him back.

let me guess, rangers fan?

It's too simple, really.

Pitchers got wise and no longer throw heat over the middle.

Josh didn't get wise and continues to swing at almost everything.

It seems like it wouldn't take 7 years for pitchers to figure that out.

To me, comparing Gaetti to Hamilton is as pointless as comparing Joe Blanton to Nolan Ryan.  I mean they are both pitchers for the Angels.

And yet -- I never compared the two.  I actually said the opposite, that Gaetti's take related to his own life, and only Gaetti.   I knew I should have used more caps.

And yet -- I never compared the two.  I actually said the opposite, that Gaetti's take related to his own life, and only Gaetti.   I knew I should have used more caps.

Yet you brought it up in this thread, in a response to someone saying it was silly to blame god for this. 

Seems like you were using Gaetti as an example as to how that could be so.