• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OC Register: State to Anaheim: Angel Stadium sale violates affordable housing law

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

That’s some of the most off the rails deep state nonsense I’ve heard in a while. You don’t have the faintest clue as to how municipalities operate. 

The fact that still no sources were included despite it apparently being in the OC Register and all over social media says it all

3 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

The truth doesn’t matter as long as you say it louder and more aggressively while also using opinion as fact

I'm playing along with a bullshit bingo card. I need someone to write either government over reach, critical race theory,  patriots, stop the steal or Rudy for the win. Come on folks,  I really need this one.

8 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

OC Register? Check the CoO Planning department meetings as well? There has been numerous threads on Social Media Groups for the last 3 years with the Festival/Orange Mall.... That's why they didn't build where the golf range is! They got block by the neighbors on the section 8 apartments! And that group paid for the traffic. Report on Canal St. 

So, you think the Orange Mall is just going to sit vacant forever? No Sears, No Penny's, No World Market? 60% empty shops? The indoor Mall is DEAD....Are empty stores a financially viable business?

There was talk of Costco going in where Sears was but the traffic report came back negative on Canal St. So, they are considering retail below and high density above similar to where the Catch is located now by the Grove!

Also, during the lockdown there was even a report that Century was looking to selling off properties and that one was one of them (Katella & Main). Switch up to retail below high density above... The only surviving restaurants are Lazy Dog, Chili's, Kings and quilt location and where the Starbucks is! They will build around those! Same reason they dropped the electric charging station by the No Tell Motel.

Do you want me to give up my source for Disney deciding whether to leave So Cal and move Corporate operations to Florida also?..Newsom bit the hand that has fed him and pissed them off once he locked them down then forced them to limit capacity there was serious discussions.. But, NO, I wont!

JFK Jr for Governor!

9 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

lolok

My source I've been friends with for 30+ years. And all of my sources are from personal friendships in business and community that I have made through 30+ years in my professional life. And contacts through my father who was/has/and still does work with State, County and City principalities for 55 years in the Western USA, Mid West and Canada regarding Water, Water Storage, Asset Management and Real & Commercial Property Acquisition. Hearing cool little bits of information from him about his conversations he has all the time when people from around the US and North America reach out to him even today 6 months post retirement as he is still seen as the guy to speak with in anything related to the above. Which is why he was contacted regarding a possible Stadium build in Summerlin, Nevada for the A's after the Howard Hughes Foundation donated land to them. Anytime large builds are being looked at he is usually one of the consultants brought in for water needs, requirements and updates including the system if they will be diverted, changed, or updated, and yes even walked away from for large Commercial and Water Storage builds. He has gone all around the world in his career basically talking about water and building and upkeep of communities.

Sometimes, it's cool to just say. Wow, interesting, thanks! 

2 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

My source I've been friends with for 30+ years. And all of my sources are from personal friendships in business and community that I have made through 30+ years in my professional life. And contacts through my father who was has worked with State, County and City principalities for 55 years in the Western USA, Mid West and Canada regarding Water, Water Storage, Asset Management and Real & Commercial Property Acquisition. Hearing cool little bits of information from him about his conversations he has all the time when people from around the US and North America reach out to him even today 6 months post retirement as he is still seen as the guy to speak with in anything related to the above. Which is why he was contacted regarding a possible Stadium build in Summerlin, Nevada for the A's after the Howard Hughes Foundation donated land to them. Anytime large builds are being looked at he is usually one of the consultants brought in for water needs, requirements and updates including the system if they will be diverted, changed, or updated, and yes even walked away from for large Commercial and Water Storage builds. He has gone all around the world in his career basically talking about water and building and upkeep of communities.

Wow, interesting, thanks.

I'm going to need names, son.

2 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

My source I've been friends with for 30+ years. And all of my sources are from personal friendships in business and community that I have made through 30+ years in my professional life. And contacts through my father who was/has/and still does work with State, County and City principalities for 55 years in the Western USA, Mid West and Canada regarding Water, Water Storage, Asset Management and Real & Commercial Property Acquisition. Hearing cool little bits of information from him about his conversations he has all the time when people from around the US and North America reach out to him even today 6 months post retirement as he is still seen as the guy to speak with in anything related to the above. Which is why he was contacted regarding a possible Stadium build in Summerlin, Nevada for the A's after the Howard Hughes Foundation donated land to them. Anytime large builds are being looked at he is usually one of the consultants brought in for water needs, requirements and updates including the system if they will be diverted, changed, or updated, and yes even walked away from for large Commercial and Water Storage builds. He has gone all around the world in his career basically talking about water and building and upkeep of communities.

Sometimes, it's cool to just say. Wow, interesting, thanks! 

Let’s say that’s true…your father would report to the city or county risk management department who work in tandem with the BoD…all of whom make contracting adjustments based on a city or county councils approvals or recommendation. All of the departments request direction from myself or the other council in my office.

So you can call me a keyboard warrior all you would like, but you would be sorely mistaken and grossly underestimating other peoples involvement in the day to day activities of public entity governance. 

On 12/11/2021 at 7:09 PM, Blarg said:

The lot the stadium is situated on, including parking, is zoned Public/Recreational. Random clicking on structures around the stadium comes up Industrial or Low Volume Office. Interesting to note the property that they built Condos on was zoned Industrial and should not have been approved without reclassification. 

https://gis.anaheim.net/PropertyInfo/index.html?APN=08327113

As a side note, Disney has expanded it's park area without adding any housing options. It seems like they are always behind thwarting any competitive attractions in Anaheim, especially after selling the Angels. I wouldn't put it past one of their people behind this action.

The Mouse Mafia...

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Let’s say that’s true…your father would report to the city or county risk management department who work in tandem with the BoD…all of whom make contracting adjustments based on a city or county councils approvals or recommendation. All of the departments request direction from myself or the other council in my office.

So you can call me a keyboard warrior all you would like, but you would be sorely mistaken and grossly underestimating other peoples involvement in the day to day activities of public entity governance. 

There is nothing incorrect or wrong with my statement. Even cities,  counties and the States search him out for help and information.

3 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Someone wanted sources. I have numerous and I don't make stuff up.

So, was there zero backlash from the neighbors behind the mall for the Section 8 apartment housing?

I mean we can even talk about the shady Shannon Mortuary remodel into the boutique hotel, restaurant, bar and live music and venue as well. Yeah, that's got issues!