• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels tender Raisel Iglesias the QO (Iglesias rejects)

mmc

1 hour ago, HanfordGuy said:

I thought all contract negotiations were done at the Del Taco on State College Blvd. Is this Perry’s way of crushing the “secret cabal’s” hold on the team?

sometimes plans need to be changed.

i really can't say anything more than that . . . for now.

26 minutes ago, HanfordGuy said:

@Jeff Fletcher Does it matter that the QO is made to a reliever and would make him the highest paid closer at $18.4mm for 2022? I know very few take the QO but Iglesias is not a starting pitcher or position player. Does not getting a true open market deal dissuade players from resigning with their ballclubs?

Does it matter to who? I am not sure I understand your question. 

4 hours ago, DCAngelsFan said:

This is a little far-fetched, but I always wondered why he wasn't traded at the deadline - and the only reasons that made sense were that no one offered anything useful for him - that seems pretty unlikely - what a huge add for a stretch/playoff run - or there was a kind of "gentleman's agreement" that both sides were committed to signing him - and that would seem to require some kind of deal framework.  

Neither reason seems very likely - yet ... 

So wondering if you'd caught wind of any explanation for why he wasn't moved?

IMO, he may not fit financially - which would be a shame, he seems to really want to be here.   

The only explanation I got was that they didn’t want to give up entirely at that time. If there’s more to it (which seems likely) no one has admitted it to me. 

1 hour ago, HanfordGuy said:

To Iglesias. 

I don’t think the fact that he’d be the highest paid reliever for one year means as much as getting $45-50M over 3-4 years. 

if he slips at all in 2022 and goes back onto the FA market as a 33 year old, he’s not getting that money back. 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think the only answer is yes. If Arte came out and said “this is a unique year and I anticipate us going over the threshold” then exciting.  However, until the rest of the plan unfolds it’s nervous time.  

I can't recall if it was posted here yesterday, and I believe it was Jim Bowden, but he think I saw some tweets of him on a show or podcast and he was stating the sentiment was that the Angels were going all-in. Spending big, trading big, Scherzer, Castillo, anyone, everyone.

It kind of makes sense. You have Ohtani for two years, maybe the last two theoretical years of peak Rendon and Trout, the AL West is maybe the most up-for-grabs it's been in a half a decade. 
It might absolutely scorch the future but they could go for it for two or three years.